_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
HELP! NEED Instructions 1/48 SB2U Vindicator
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
AeroScale: 254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 08:48 AM UTC
Hello, Everyone!

I need help. I've just acquired an ACCURATE MINIATURES kit #480202 1/48 SB2U-3 Vindicator, "VMSB-241 Battle of Midway" kit. The trouble is, the Instructions are missing. All of the parts are still sealed in their original plastic bags, and I found that there are two sets of decals in the box, plus an EDUARD "Zoom" PE set... ???

Maybe my instructions blew away in my "Wind Indicator's" slipstream..?

No, seriously... Does anyone out there have an extra set of Instructions for this kit that you would be willing to send me? I will pay for your time, trouble, and postage... Or, does anyone know where I can obtain a set of these Instructions..? If any of you have the Instructions but don't want to part with them, I would gladly reimburse you for making COPIES of them and sending them out to me...

You can let me know via PM, right here on Kit Maker Network, c/o AEROSCALE...

Thanks Very Much In Advance, and Best Regards,

-Dennis
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 09:48 AM UTC
Dennis the Academy SB2U is A.M.s kit repopped you might be able to download their instructions from their website? Or alternatively I have the Academy repop so I could scan the instructions and send them to you if you wish?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 10:22 AM UTC
There's a review here with a side profile which may be of some assistance. I've got the first edition (Yellow wings) SB2U-1 that I can scan for you. That'll have the basic build steps on it.
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 09:34 PM UTC
Hello, People!

THANK YOU, Chris and Jessie!!!

I would appreciate any help from you! I could very easily put this kit together, just based upon my long experience with 1/48 aircraft models- I started building airplane kits in 1958...

BUT..!

The main reason I would need the instructions is that I don't want to make any mistakes in my build by "missing something" that I'm unaware of. That's why I've always followed my kits' Instructions closely, albeit not "to the letter", because SOMETIMES kit Instructions have proven to be "impractical" in their assembly-format" and "incorrect in their painting information"...

If you would kindly "hard copy" the Instructions for me, I would be happy to reimburse you for your time and postage via PayPal...

PM me for my address, etc...

THANK YOU for your very kind and rapid response,

VR- Dennis
Tank1812
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
AeroScale: 67 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 10:20 PM UTC
Here you go, instructions for both kits
https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/1/9/2/138192-12-instructions.pdf

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/3/0/0/1128300-50-instructions.pdf
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hi, Ryan!

This is very much appreciated! I've fixed the issues on my PC, so now I'll be able to download all your info without wreaking havoc in my downloads...

(Even though I don't have a printer to print these Instructions off with, I'll figure SOMETHING out...)

Chris, Jessie, Ryan- You guys are all GREAT!!!

THANKS, EVERYONE!!!

PS- BOTH sets of Instructions, ACADEMY and ACCURATE MINIATURES, show some helpful illustrations which don't show up in their "opposite-numbers". By combining the info in both, one really can't go wrong...

Thanks Again,

VR- Dennis
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 05:36 AM UTC
Oooh! I like those Academy instructions!
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 11:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oooh! I like those Academy instructions!

Hi, Jessie!

Yeah, they're really nice, aren't they? One thing I always liked about the older ACCURATE MINIATURES Instructions was their "conversational"-style of adding info and trivia about their subject and its assembly. Their style of "Warnings & Cautions" during the assembly-process could be entertaining and sometimes downright FUNNY, too!

Too bad ACCURATE MINIATURES had to quit operations. They had a good line of subject matter that no one else was making at the time, too!

Thanks again for your offer to scan those Instructions for me- Chris offered to send me "hard-copies" of his info and instructions via "Snail-Mail"...
 _GOTOTOP