_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Kitty Hawk Weapons Set/Cart Set
awrc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 07:51 AM UTC
I've been looking at Kitty Hawk's Russian Weapons set, but while I've found images on eBay of the box top, that give an impression of which weapons are in it (It looks to be basically the same assortment that comes with their modern Russian aircraft) it's not very clear whether it's literally just a single set of the sprues that come with the kits - with the problem that, for example, it's not possible to build something carrying three of the same 1500kg weapon - or if the number of sprues included differs. I'm guessing from the price I see it going for ($35-$45) that it's probably just one set, and if so I suspect I'd be better off buying something like the Yak-130 kit and using the surplus munitions from that.

On a related note, I also see some vendors have their set of maintenance carts available. While one or two pics show a loaded cart (with an AL-31 engine on it) and some of the carts are clearly for AAMs, does anybody know what the full set contains? On a related related note, I see the set also appears to include a hydraulic jack of some sort - is there just a single one of these in the set, or are multiple included?

Thanks to anybody who can help me with answers.
 _GOTOTOP