_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
HH-60G Pave Hawk revisited
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:42 PM UTC
I built this back in '07 for "The Guardian Angels" Helicopter Campaign. I just found it again (buried in the campaign thread) and thought I would post it in a dedicated thread. It is always good to revisit an old friend. I now have the far superior Kitty Hawk HH-60G kit and may get started on it soon.

On to the original posts:

5 Feb 07

Got started on my 1/35 HH-60G in OIF based on the Academy MH-60G kit tonight. No pics yet though. I am using the Cobra Company MH/HH-60G set, a few interior pieces made by other modelers, a bit of scratch-building, and a custom decal set made by a friend. Just to refresh your memory, it will be a bird from Davis-Mothan AFB in AZ in a three-tone desert scheme.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:47 PM UTC
11 Feb 07

I have begun work on my 1/35 HH-60G from Davis-Monthan AFB in OIF in a 3-tone sand scheme. It started life as the Academy MH-60G kit. I am super-detailing this one inside and out. I am using the Cobra Company MH/HH-60 upgrade set, along with a bunch of scratch-building and some items I have received from other modelers.

Here is how I intend on it looking.

The cream colored parts are from the CC set. The white parts are scratch from sheet styrene. Here are the pics on progress so far. I hope to start painting it later this week.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:49 PM UTC
20 Feb 07

Progress on the HH-60G continues. The interior is complete.

I modified the aux tank to be a single tank and added a bunch of gear from various places, some homemade. The center-line ammo box was modified so that the ammo drive motors actually line up with where the ammo comes out. The side that has the one motor is wrong and needs to be cut down the middle and the motor moved to the right side. I added gauges from a UH-1 instrument panel decal that I cut into individual instruments and placed on the instrument panel. The Camelbak is from a figure set, with drinking tube and straps added. The backboard is from the ProArt DumVee set. I haven't decided if I will add the gunners seats or use 40mm ammo cans for them. Let me know what you think.

Here it is:

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:52 PM UTC
01 Mar 07

Here is the latest update on my 1/35 USAF Reserve HH-60G from Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ in OIF 1. It is just about ready for paint. I added quite a bit to the exterior as well. I have plumbed the brake lines for the main gear and tail wheel. Oil lines to the main rotor. Six Flare/Chaff launchers and their wiring. The launchers and their mounts are copies of the ones in the Academy MH-60L DAP kit with more defined boxes added. These are courtesy of a fellow modeler from Italy. I have also added the APR-39 antennas to the depressions in the nose, along with the IR refueling boom light on the right side nose, and latches for the nose avionics bay. Various AM/FM and SATCOM antennas as well.

Here it is so far:

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:54 PM UTC
04 Mar 07

Here is the HH-60G with its initial paint applied. Now on to decaling and the weathering.

Here is the original that I am attempting to recreate.

And mine so far...

More to come as it continues....
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:56 PM UTC
06 Mar 07

Here it is with the decals on. It still needs some weathering and the smaller pieces and details added.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 01:02 PM UTC
10 Mar 07

She is done!!! Here is my HH-60G from the USAF Reserve out of Davis-Monthan AFB in OIF 1. Only 4 helos carried this unique scheme. I used the Academy 1/35 MH-60G kit, along with Cobra Company's HH/MH-60 upgrade set, and lots of scratch items. Some of the other pieces came from fellow modelers too. The Stokes Litter is from our own Mother, and the chaff/flare launchers are from a modeler in Italy. The decals were custom made by a friend as well.

Here is the actual helo:

And my rendition of it:

More here.

As always, all comments are welcome.

_GOTOTOP