_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Panther G in Progress
Max_Fischer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 639 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 01:12 PM UTC
OK i added some parts of the side skirts to the Turret and what not. Tell me what you think

http://groups.msn.com/ModelsYAH/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=82" BORDER="0">

Main link if the pics wont work
http://groups.msn.com/ModelsYAH/shoebox.msnw
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 01:44 PM UTC
Interesting. Are you working from a particular picture?

I've never seen a panther G with skirt armor on the turret sides.
The skirt armor was pretty thin. Useful for detonatng bazooka rounds away from the running gear.
I've seen lots of Panthers with spare track links on the turret sides, but not skirt pieces. In one way, it makes sense, but I've never seen it.

The MG mount looks a bit low to me, but that might be the angle of the pics.

tell me about the dark paint edges on the glassis. will you be wearing or weathering the final paint coats to let the darker paint show through?
In that light it looks like you've used a dark paint, not a metallic or red/brown primer.

I've got a few panther pics (read as: spent waayyy too much on references) around if you're looking for anything special, drop me a line
Mike
Max_Fischer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 639 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 02:06 PM UTC
Well im ot really working from any pictures. My Grandfather was a Panther Commander and he said one of his WWII Friends had SKirt Armor so i was like Helk why not!

Um Yes with the Black but i doubt that it will work since I am making it an Ambush Scheme

:-)

Yea The Machine Gun is off balanced but i fixed it. My Grandfather also mentioned that his friend had Zimmerit in the bottom front part of his tank
jw73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Zachodniopomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 148 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 10:03 PM UTC
Maybe you build panther with panzer IV turret ?
 _GOTOTOP