Modern aircraft of the United States.
A-7E Corsair II help needed
Savage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
AeroScale: 97 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:10 PM UTC
Since first building Matchbox’s presentation of the A-7D I have always loved the ‘Sluf’ (Short Little Ugly, uh…., mmm…. Friend?) I especially like the ‘glory days’ Navy A-7s (CAG aircraft) with the highly colourful tail markings and gull grey and white of the 70's and early 80's before the ‘low visibility’ craze.

I have looked at many reviews / sites etc... and each seems to conflict the other. So which company makes the most accurate and / or best;

1:72 Scale A-7E Corsair II?

1:48 Scale A-7E Corsair II?

HELP
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
AeroScale: 272 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:28 PM UTC
I can only comment on the 1/48 Revell kit, which Modelzone were (are?) selling at a very good price. It's a good kit, no major fit problems, underwing stores included, two marking options, one grey and one in colour.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 05:36 AM UTC
In 1/72 I almost completed the Fujimi A-7D, many years ago, as I remember a very nice kit. The Revell 1/48 A-7 is, I believe, the Hasegawa model. I have started this (been ongoing for quite some time) it is a very nice kit, lots of detail. There are a couple of sink holes but they can be delt with, the intake lip needs a little cleaning up. If you like the A-7 you will love this kit :-)
Mal
 _GOTOTOP