_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Yak-1 interior pics
ThomasB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2004 - 10:30 PM UTC
Just wonder if anyone know where I can find Yak-1 cockpit pictures. Preferly on-line, but books will do as well.

Working on a Accurate minatures Yak-1 (and will reciveve a second one in a couple of weeks...)
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 12:57 AM UTC
I think this would help
http://sturmovik.webzdarma.cz/image/aircraft/cocpit/screen/ru/Yak1.jpg

A screenshot from the game IL-2 Sturmovik. I believe it's accurate as they say. Will try to find more.
coltm4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 164 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 11:50 PM UTC
Are you building the version with Skis? because the skis ARE USELESS! i cannot get them to go on! PPFFFTT! GRRR!
The cockpit is incredibly good anyway (you might want to improve the decal straps....)
>> You know i got sand paint all over my canopy... but no fuss i 'steam formed' another one over it.... (i got some thin clear plastic and conformed it to the damaged canopy with steam from my kettle)
ThomasB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 07:59 AM UTC
Nope, I'm building a ski-less Yak. Have just started painting it, but I sure can agree that the cockpit looks very nice. Don't know what to go with the staps on the kit I'm working on now, since a certain hobby shop replaced the decal sheets, and didn¨t even leave the generic sheet...
Part-timer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 361 posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2004 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nope, I'm building a ski-less Yak. Have just started painting it, but I sure can agree that the cockpit looks very nice. Don't know what to go with the staps on the kit I'm working on now, since a certain hobby shop replaced the decal sheets, and didn¨t even leave the generic sheet...

Let me guess, GreatModels? They did it me, too! I thought I was the only one!

I just finished my Yak-1b. I'll have pictures up later this week.
ThomasB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2004 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Let me guess, GreatModels?

You are so right... So this kit is going to be a guinea pig, and in a couple of days-weeks, I'll be getting one more Yak kit, from Ebay, and hopefully with the original markings...
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:33 AM UTC
Hi there Thomas and Part-timer

Your little horror story had me runnning to check the Yak-1 I bought from Great Models a while back! The decals are all present and correct...

Did they offer any explanation why they tampered with the contents of your purchases? It's one of the strangest things I've heard of. My Great Models password seems to be messed up and they haven't replied to my request for help - maybe it's just as well!

All the best

Rowan
Part-timer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 361 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 08:46 AM UTC
I actually didn't ask, Rowan. I was using the Eduard photetch set for it, so I didn't need the seatbelt or instrument panel decals, and the insignia were included along with the special markings in the kit. Didn't seem as though there were many other decals involved, so I just built and decaled as-was.
 _GOTOTOP