_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Tips & Techniques
Discussions on specific A/C building techniques.
Replacement parts from Trumpeter
jphillips
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 214 posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 - 09:11 AM UTC
I'm building Trumpeter's 1/48 MIG-21UM and broke a canopy in half. I emailed "Joanna" at Trumpeter and received this cryptic reponse:

I'm very sorry that due to the epidemic, flights to various countries are reduced, so the delivery of EMS express is very slow, and it needs to wait for 2-3 months.But you can choose to use fedex, but the cost requires you to pay the freight.

What does that mean? How can I go about ordering the clear canopy sprue? How much will it cost? From whom can I order it? And how shall I pay for it?

Has anyone else ever ordered replacement sprues from Trumpeter before?
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 - 10:58 AM UTC
I received a similar response when contacting Hobby Boss about a part. HB is a subsidiary of Trumpeter but as my contact was also a Joanne I am guessing the customer service department supports both units.

No idea if can or will get my parts as I haven't heard back yet after providing all the info she asked me for.
jphillips
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 214 posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 - 11:13 AM UTC
Really? How long have you been waiting?
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 - 02:07 PM UTC
Well, I think I contacted them right when the shut-downs began so that may have impacted response time but it has been a bit too long for my taste. The only thing that doesn't get me emailing again is that the item I inquired about isn't on my bench yet.
 _GOTOTOP