_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/48 riveting tools?
USMA15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2020 - 03:04 AM UTC
Hello friends,

I'm just about wrapping up my Tamiya 1/48 P-38G...my 3rd aircraft kit after getting back into the hobby.

I'm planning a dual bubble-top/razorback P-47 build next, and I want to push my limits and learn a new skill by adding rivet detail to the wings and fuselages of these aircraft. I'll be using Tamiya kits for both, and my question for you all today is this:

Does anyone have a recommendation or strong support for a riveting tool in 1/48?

So far, I'm debating between the RB Tools rivet wheels, the Galaxy Models rivet tools, and Dusek's Rosie the Riveter tools. I know the Rosie line has a double-wheel which is an attractive element, but I think they're significantly more expensive.

Can any gurus out there offer their 2 cents?

Thanks, and happy modeling!
Andrew
SteveAndrews
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 693 posts
AeroScale: 551 posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2020 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hi Andrew,

I wouldn't call myself a guru but I've used a set of Rosie the Riveters, and they do the job nicely. They are also well built - mine must be at least five years old and are still going strong. If you want to see the effect have a look at a recent Italeri Starfighter build I blogged right here.

I hope you get something that suits you.

By the way, for what it's worth, my advice is to get the best tools you can afford because you'll get better results and they will last for longer.

I hope that helps,

Steve.
 _GOTOTOP