Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Mono/ProModeler JU88A4 question please
nfafan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 02:28 PM UTC
I bought the Mono/ProModeler JU88C6 version as I heard it has the glass for the A4, my favorite version, but...

I opened the sprue bags to confirm if ALL the glass is there... It is not.
I'm missing the two circular gun mounts at the back of the A4 - type cabin glass.

Can someone please advise as to the Mono kit number, and sprue and part numbers for the 2 circular gun mounts?

Also, sprue and part numbers for the external bomb racks would be much appreciated too!

Thanks!!
Skip
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:32 AM UTC
Hi Skip, I have the Revell boxing of the Ju 88 A4, but I guess the sprues will be the same. I assume, from what you have said, that you have sprue "Q", the one which contains the main clear parts for the A4 version (if not you will require that as well)? The 2 circular gun mounts that I think you are refering to come on sprue "H", you will require two of these. They contain the cockpit glazing for the single rear gun instalation, as well as the gun mount (1 each). As for the external bomb racks you will require parts; F35 (rack) x 2, F36 (sway brace) x 4, K6 (rack) and K7 (rack) and R4 x 4 (sway brace).
I hope that helps and isn't to confusing
Mal
nfafan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 04:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Skip, I have the Revell boxing of the Ju 88 A4, but I guess the sprues will be the same. I assume, from what you have said, that you have sprue "Q", the one which contains the main clear parts for the A4 version (if not you will require that as well)? The 2 circular gun mounts that I think you are refering to come on sprue "H", you will require two of these. They contain the cockpit glazing for the single rear gun instalation, as well as the gun mount (1 each). As for the external bomb racks you will require parts; F35 (rack) x 2, F36 (sway brace) x 4, K6 (rack) and K7 (rack) and R4 x 4 (sway brace).
I hope that helps and isn't to confusing
Mal

Thanks tons for the reply!
I was beginning to wonder if anyone ever built the Rev-Mono/ProModeller JU88A4 kit!

Clearly, my C6 kit is missing the sprue H - apparently the one with the two gun mounts needed for the A4 rear canopy found on my sprue Q.
Instead, I have a sprue I - which is the upper canopy and rear glas - but with a single gun mount position - a la the JU88-A1 version.

Of course my C6 kit is missing sprue F as well, given the C6 would be bomb-less.

Do you have a Revell-mono kit number for the A4?

I'm still trying to figure the exact pedigree of this kit.
From everything I've read, it has DML genes. I can see the DML - the heavy attachments of parts to sprues and the delicate surface details. Its just that I never knew DML came out with an A4/5 kit - just the C versions and the Mistel.
Thanks!
Steve
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:44 AM UTC
The kit I have is boxed as just Revell, but it is derived from DML tooling. Apparently it was never released by DML and Revell bought the moulds. I have the Mistel and there is an "H" sprue in that kit, so they clearly have the same origins. The kit number on the box is 04531.
Just to clarify, the "H" sprue only has 1 of the gun mounts (for the single gun on the A1) so you would require 2 x sprue "H". However, should you require it I do have 1 (only) spare, in my Mistel kit.
By the way, you can see the beginnings of my Mistel in the "Critics Corner"
Mal
nfafan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 02:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The kit I have is boxed as just Revell, but it is derived from DML tooling. Apparently it was never released by DML and Revell bought the moulds.

I think this A4-version kit has made the rounds - I found a site that referances this being offered by Hasegawa as well! But I never seen it as a DML offering..

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/portland/971/Inbox/g-j/ju-88a4-has_48-i.htm

Thanks for the info!
Steve
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 08:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The kit I have is boxed as just Revell, but it is derived from DML tooling. Apparently it was never released by DML and Revell bought the moulds.

I think this A4-version kit has made the rounds - I found a site that referances this being offered by Hasegawa as well! But I never seen it as a DML offering..

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/portland/971/Inbox/g-j/ju-88a4-has_48-i.htm

The JU-88A4 kit is also from Monogram as a promodeler kit # 85-5948. The parts you are looking for are as follows from step #9 from the instructions. Parts # Q 3 & 4 canopy glazing
parts # H 3 x 2 gun mounts, and parts # P8 x 2 machine guns.
You can contact Monogram @ 800-833-3570 Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info!
Steve

_GOTOTOP