_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Color Scheme for a Mig 23
SPRUEFREAK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 14 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:37 PM UTC
Hi again!
I bought an Academy Mig23S Flogger B from Bangalore recently.
On opening the box, I found they had given absolutely nothing about the color scheme or decal placements- this is probably coz its a 1993 made kit!

I figured the decals out from internet pics but couldn't make head or tail out of the colors.
So have any of u guys come across anything, please reply!
SPRUEFREAK
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hi there Spruefreak,

I'm a modeller from Bangalore myself. I've bought the same kit here myself last year, and the painting scheme is given in black and white (AFAIR) in the last page of the kit instructions. But most kits always give the painting scheme in B&W, and not in color.

To make out the colors, you can refer to the box art photos on the side, of if the FS color is available, you can check out the FS Color chip at IPMS Stockholm( http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/colorcharts.asp ).

Let me know if you need any help(send me a PM), and I'll be happy to show you the ropes... BTW, you won't get any modelling paints in India !

Cheers,
BP.
SPRUEFREAK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 14 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:58 PM UTC
Hey BP,
Thanks for the IPMS url, got the color chips I wanted. I've sent u a PM about paints already!

Do u know any model shops closer home for me?
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 11:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey BP,
Thanks for the IPMS url, got the color chips I wanted. I've sent u a PM about paints already!

Do u know any model shops closer home for me?

Sent you a reply.. check your mail !

BP.
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 398 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 05:18 AM UTC
Hi Spruefreak,

We've just introduced 14 Modern Soviet/Russian Federation aircraft colors in our Colourcoats enamels line, matched to operational birds in Russia in 1991. For an early MiG-23 you'll want our ACSM 06 Grey. For a later MiG-23 you'll want ACSM 09 Light Brown, ACSM 10 Sand, ACSM 11 Brown, and ACSM 12 Green. In both cases you'll also want ACSM 07 MiG Cockpit Interior Turquoise and ACSM 08 MiG Radome Grey. You'll find them at:

http://www.whiteensignmodels.com/brochure/colourcoats1.htm

There is no minimum order, and we ship worldwide.
 _GOTOTOP