_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
help!: remove before flight tag
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 - 03:18 PM UTC
hi all...

i plan to put the tags on jet
question:

is there any reference on the locations of the tags ..where they should be installed to??

i greatly appreciated if someone could tell me the basic priciple about this Remove Before Flight tags...
what's the purpose, etc...etc....

thanks in advance
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hi there,

It's useful if you have pictures of where the RBF tags are located. Usually these are placed at critical places around the aircraft which need to be checked before takeoff. Engine intakes, external cockpit levers, access panels, ammunition bays, ordnance and wheel wells/bays are typically perfect candidates for RBF tags to be located.

Refer to some walkaround sites if you want exact locations for your aircraft's RBF locations. I've also heard that the Squadron/Signal publications do give some fair indications in their books about the locations of RBFs.

There's a good tutorial at ARC about making RBF tags for UK a/c's.
RBF Tags

HTH. I'm sure someone out here will be able to expound more on this subject !

Cheers,
BP.
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 02:54 AM UTC
In an attempt to add to what Byte said.. RBF tags are mainly used for safety of the ground crew while in either preflight or while perfoming routine maintainance in the hanger..

Most common places that RBF flags are seen on an aircraft would be..

The cockpit.. They are used to deactivate the ejection seat system.

Landing gear.. Put in various spots. usually at a pivot point to ensure that the gear will stay up...

All Ordnance racks... Planes have various types of racks and launchers.. All of these racks and launchers. The flags or pins they are attached to deativate the launchers and racks from firing while on the ground......These pins/flags are located in the middle of every parent rack of the Aircraft.

Hope all of this helps.. Once again to echo what Byte said.. Try to find pics of what you are looking for...
Hope this helped

Paul
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 01:58 PM UTC
THANKS FOR BOTH REPLIES.......
powerlogik
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 216 posts
AeroScale: 41 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 03:28 PM UTC
This may or may not be relevent here but. The RAF putRBF tags on their planes that are the striped kind as sen in that tutorial. However commonly the US put tags that actually say "Remove Before Flight" on them. I'm sure there may some sort of crossover here and other people here may be able to confirm that better but that was my understanding. Of course if you have a printer you may be able to make some tags with a piantshop style program.
 _GOTOTOP