_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
new guy here...
Jeebus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:45 PM UTC
Hello everyone, my name's Jeebus.

After a 6 year hiatus, I am starting to build again. I'm an amateur modeller, and even though I just discovered this site, I've already learned a LOT about how to improve my models. I noticed Holdfast is helping a newbie on his first build (an A10), and is building the kit along with him so as to better assist. Wow... what a guy!

I know there's a dedictated Introductions section, but I figured I'd introduce myself here since 99% of my interest is in aircraft, and I'll be hanging out here the most. If I'm breaking any rules by doing this, please let me know.

This is a great site and there are great people here!

Jeebus
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:19 PM UTC
Hi Jeebus, welcome to the site. You have found the right place for picking up tips and advice, guys such as Holdfast and Merlin [and many more who hang out here] really do know their stuff and have helped me enormously. If I've a question I post it and the guys seem to queue up to offer answers.
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:45 AM UTC
Welcome Jeebus..lots of good aircraft modelers here. And if any questions come up during my builds..this is the first place I come. You can often get a reply within a day....The painting and Tools forum are also a good place to get info....

Johnny
boosahmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 651 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
Welcome to the "Big A", Jeebus!!! Enjoy yourself!
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 04:49 AM UTC
Hi! Welcome to the site! You have come to the best modeling site on the web! I'm sure a lot of guys here will lend a hand.
Kencelot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 05:17 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Jeebus! We're all glad you joined in with the rest of us plastic nuts.

I going to have to work on getting you away from those wingy things and get you onto the real side of modeling - armor!
tazz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 05:18 AM UTC
welcome to the best site on the net,
this site has the best bulders in the world,
but iam not one of them yet lol.
if u need help with any thing just ask.
we will be able to help u
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 07:15 AM UTC
Hi Jeebus

Welcome to Armorama! This really is a great place - and you're absolutely right about Holdfast... Mal is truly amazing!

There's some incredible talent among the members and the wonderful thing is the way everyone helps each other with technical tips or research.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 07:45 AM UTC
Hi Jeebus, welcome to the site I'm, almost, blushing :-) I'm helping out our young Isreali friend because I just happened to have the kit and be the first to reply to his plea for help. It is simply in the spirit of Armorama.
My aim, along with plenty of others, is to promote aircraft modelling, here on the big "A". You can probably tell from the name that this site started out with armour in mind, and you will see that there are far more armour modellers here than any other type. So don't be to worried about not taking up Kencelot's offer to join them
Have fun, ask anything you need, we will always try and help. We look forward to seeing some pics of your stuff (you have 3mb of picture hosting space here), that is usually the best way to get constructive help.

Quoted Text

Mal is truly amazing! Merlin.

I don't know about that, Rowan, (tenner in the post) at least that's not what the wife called me yesterday :-)
Mal
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 09:22 AM UTC
welcome to Armorama Jeebus.glad you joined our family.
greets from Turkey
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:19 AM UTC
Hi Jeebus
Welcome to the group from me too. I can't add anything else that everyone else has all ready said about this being one of (in my humble opinion) the best military modeling sites on the net.
If you need advice in any way, shape, or form, you will most definately find it here.
I am sure you probably all ready have, but if not, check out the modeling galleries. There is some fantastic work by a lot of modelers out there

Have you begun any kits yet? What is your favorite era for aircraft and what are some of your favorite planes/jets?

Good Modeling,
Wayne
Jeebus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 12:08 PM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I haven't built a model in years, and now that I'm getting into it again I see that I have a lot to learn. I'm very impressed by some of the work I've seen in the galleries. There certainly is a lot of talent here, and I'm anxious to try out some of the tips I've been reading.

Kencelot: I've never built armor, but I'm certainly willing to give it a shot.

Holdfast: Thanks for the tip. I'm shopping for a new camera as we speak (old one was stolen ) As soon as I have it, I'll start posting my progress/problems in my gallery.

Wad_ware: My interests span from WWII to modern aircraft. I'm willing to build just about anything though. I'm curious about armor and figure modelling as well. I'm just looking to increase my overall skill level and ability to bring out the details. I've just picked up the Monogram 1/48 A10 kit to get the juices flowing, and "practice" some of the new techniques I'm not familiar with before I buy a more expensive kit.

thanks everyone!
Jeebus
 _GOTOTOP