Modern aircraft of the United States.
EA6B Wingfold
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 11:55 AM UTC
Ordered my EA6B wingfold today. Should be shipped either tomorrow or Monday.
Recon
Jeebus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 03:35 PM UTC
Sweet, let us know how it turns out. I want to build an A6 with wingfold, I just don't think my skills are up to the task yet.

Jeebus
antoniazzip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Aragua, Venezuela
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 05:52 PM UTC
Hi Recon...Which brand EA-6B wingfold set you ordered the Cutting Edge maybe? and what scale?

I have a proyect with the 1/48 EA-6B Prowler of Monogram now.

All best.
Leal Antoniazzi Pedro.
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 07:52 PM UTC
There is only (1) wing fold kit on the market now. It is for the EA-6B and its from Cutting Edge. Thereis no set for the A-6 intruder. And the wings are different for each of these types
of aircraft. Hence thats why they came out with a kit to correct the Monogram EA-6B. The kit
used the wings and fuselage from the A-6E Tram kit and therefor the wing section is incorrectly molded. You also need the wing correction kit offered by Cutting Edge as well.
To fold the wings or not is minor compaired to actually correcting the faults of the moldings in the wing/fuselage area. There is a feature article on this correction and build
that was posted as a feature on HYPERSCALE. It shows all the exstensive things invloved to build an accurate Prowler or Intruder. GOOD LUCK. Hope this helps.
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 12:29 AM UTC
This is from Black Box. It is the entire wing. From the Photos I have seen it looks really great. I will post and give a better description after I receive it.
Recon
 _GOTOTOP