_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
DAP Mk XXI Beaufighter
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:40 PM UTC

G'day Folk's,

Here is my rendition of an Aussie Mk XXI Beaufighter, built for the RAAF Officer Training School, it's a 31 Sqn RAAF bird, but the decals are not the Aero Master set for the Beaufighter, the sheet is an old Tasman set.
The rocket rails have been taken from the Hasegawa Typhoon kit [as they were the more acurate].

The colour of the Aussie Mk XXI Beaufighter's, were BLACK GREEN, not Foliage Green, I fitted my resin products to this model, the photo is not an optical illusion, I tried to replicate the faded green for this model by smearing dried green paint over the completed model, once the decals had dried, the wing and fuselage roundals are from a set of faded RAAF markings.

Rob.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 08:04 PM UTC
Verrrry nice, weathering looks good (not sure about the green on the decals though) looks very good anyway :-) I'm intrigued about the rocket rails, in what way are they mor accurate?
What resin items, of yours have you used? What have you used on the cowling lip colector ring?
Thanks for sharing.
Mal
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 06:47 AM UTC
Hi Folk's,

Thanks for the questions Mal, for everyone to benifit, the DAP Mk XXI Beaufighter, was fitted with zero length rocket rails, they did not have blast plates protecting the lower wing, they were also fitted with universal bomb rack brackets just outboard of the Oil Cooler intake.
Also the leading wing tip nav light was covered with a 4" wide strip of black tape, the trailing nav light had the wiring removed and the lenses were painted over.

Rob.
 _GOTOTOP