_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/32 SA 330 Puma (Matchbox circa 1983)
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:47 AM UTC
Howdy fellas,

Does anybody know the quality of this kit???

My LHS has one on clearance........should I pick it up?

TIA.

Tread.
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:50 AM UTC
Basic, but having seen some super-detailed 'enhancements' of it I'm sure you could do something with it..

On the other hand, another box in the 'stash' isn't going to make that much difference....Go for it!..Jim
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 03:09 AM UTC
I found it to be a good kit. With a little work, it can be awesome. Here is mine:

P.S.-- Tread, Do we need to change your name to Rotorhead now??? I think you have caught the chopper bug.
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:33 PM UTC
Howdy fellas,

Many thx for taking the time to reply to this (I thought) odd request for input. I was hoping the response's would be positive, and I am grateful that they are......because I already picked the kit up on the way home from work just now.

to jimbrae: "Enhancements" huh?.......where, and how much? And as far as the 'stash'is concerned.....that's simply out of control!

to HeavyArty: I was hoping you'd pipe in. Man, isthere a helo kit you haven't built?? How about the (one I would LOVE to see) CH-37 Mojave??......in 1/35th scale??....super detailed??.....in lace??....oops.
Thx for the wee pic of your Puma......got any more?
Actually, I'm more interested in your interior colours. The suggested colours just don't seem right....kinda like the Hind's baby blue control panel colour suggestions.........just looks..........weird.

Tread.

Hey!....as far as changing my name to "Rotorhead.....I was originally going to sign on here as that moniker. I'm an old helo driver and the name came to me first, but the name of the site 'Armorama' just seemed to force me over the edge to change the 'Rotor' part, to the 'Tread' part......the rest is a disservice to history.
 _GOTOTOP