_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
New Guy with A/C refs...
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 05:53 AM UTC
Hello out there, all you wingnuts. I'm making my foray into the world of the big A and would like to let those among you who are avi-oriented know about my line of work. I am currently employed as a reference researcher with a major aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul station. To this end, I have daily access to prints, Maintenance manuals, Parts catalogs etc. for most major airlines/Transport carriers. Just about any reference on Modern civil A/C from 727's/DC-8's to 777's/A340's is available. SO- if you have (reasonable) requests on the layout, construction, modifications to, Specs etc. for the modern heavies, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to find it and get it to you Cheers!
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 12:31 PM UTC
Hey Logansdad,

welcome!

and thanks for the offer, I am going to do a 747-400 with lighting effects, I am surely gonna ask you for some helps, i.e. the lighting location, and their colors, etc, etc.

Thanks.

LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:30 AM UTC
Dave- without a doubt, you and General Failure are in the running for the most interesting member profiles in this asylum. Glad to know I may be able to help, I'll start stockpiling anything I can on the '47 as soon as this ridiculously tall stack of DC-10 Drawings can be persuaded to move to another corner of the office... #:-)

OH-As a BTW to the rest of the airheads, I realize that this is primarily a Military site so my initial post may not have seemed relevant. However, remember that several civil A/C have Military counterparts as well- the KC-10 & KC-135 springing most readily to mind...
Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP