matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
AeroScale: 70 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:15 AM UTC
Guys,

How do they move these around on the ground?
Wheels that attach to the skids? Pics???
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:54 AM UTC
Matt- can't find a pic anywhere( isn't that always the freakin' case?) but we always moved ours w/the same setup as the UH-1. Clamp the little pump jack wheels to the skid, pump it to lockout, lean on tailboom 'till you've got forward clearance. If you're not going far,(10m or so), 4 healthy Jarheads could muscle it. When the Gunnie's around, use a towbar & tug! HTH!
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:10 AM UTC

Found some matt! I'd like to credit these but don't recall what Site I bagged 'em from . Sorry Mr AH-1W Pic publisher!!!
Anyway, the first shows the wheels attached but not cranked up. The second has some pretty good detail on the Mounting points & rings for the towbar/ stiffener.
If they don't show here, check my gallery.
BTW, I have 2 discs FULL of Cobra pics( got an OOOLLLD Mono AH-1that I'm bashing into a 'W' model for a Jarhead friend...) So if you need any more closeups,give me a shout. I'd be happy to email 'em to ya. Cheers!
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:11 AM UTC
YEAARGGGH! Didn't work. What'd I do wrong?
HunterCottage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:13 AM UTC
Sorry LogansDad all I get is the big red X on those pics...and I would love to see them...
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:17 AM UTC
Ummmm... redX for me too, HC. Don't understand, I posted em form my gallery w/ the little [img] button...
Anyone? Anyone?
They're in my Photo Gallery, HC, guess you'll have to go there for now.
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 11:31 AM UTC
Here goes the pics. I don't trust the new way of Photo's so here we go the old way.

The pics are great is there anyway you can get closer shots of the wheels themselves????
The Air Taxi is a nice shoot!
STUG
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:39 AM UTC
Danke, Herr Stugmeister! New way? Old way? The site info page says to upload to your gallery, then click the [img] bbcode button, then copy & paste the Armorama address in the img brackets. Is there a different method?
I'll check my files for some wheel shots, but like I said they're really just standard UH-1 Dolley wheels. I used to have a shot of one on the full 4-point dolley, It's in a box somewhere. If I can dredge it up I'll post it (somehow...).
btw- were you aware that they did a feasability study on an AH-1 w/ RETRACTABLE gear?

I've added another pic to my gallery which gives a better Idea of the wheel/ towbar setup.
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 03:00 AM UTC
Here's the pic.

The olkd way is pretty much the same as before, just copy the addy from the image properties box instead of using the option on the Pic page on the site. This way I'm sure I got the whole address for the pic.

BTW Thanks for the pics. STUG
 _GOTOTOP