_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
The conclusion
WildDog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maharashtra, India / भारत
KitMaker: 86 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:14 AM UTC
This is going to be one huge post. Please bare with me & answer my questions.

I was looking around for some nice paint schemes for my Flanker & I found one that I just love. Actually its a Su-30MKI, but I am copying the scheme. I got a few pics of it but I will need some more. If you guys have any a/c reference or any sites that you think it will be on then please show me some pics. Its the 1st prototype Su-30MKI. Its knows as the Su-30MKI prototype 1. Notice the "01" on the front fuselage, behind the nose, under the canopy. Thats the mark. Look for that. Here is what I already have so far.

....cont
WildDog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:19 AM UTC

I have this book. Thats the 01 on the cover. There are 3 more smaller pics inside the book.

OK now here is the deal. I need more pics of this very aircraft for reference. Particularly pics taken from the top, of the spine/back of the plane.
WildDog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:27 AM UTC
OK now I need some help with color selection.
Many of the colors are not available here, but these are the ones that I have to deal with.
Flat black.
Flat Red
Flat white
Aluminium
Copper
Flesh
Deep Green
Olive drab
Khaki
Dark yellow
light blue
Dark browm
To see samples of the above mentioned colours, go to http://academyhobby.com/en/pla/pla_product.html?id=347.
I also have. -
Silver

Neutral Grey

I also have a wide selection of blues (acrylic paints) & another normal white (acrylic).
Now bear in mind that this is all I have to deal with. I have assigned colours to all the parts except for 2. The belly & the engine nozzles/exhausts. What colour should I paint them? The belly looks white. Is it? Should I paint it white?
The exhaust looks black. Is is really black? Should I paint it black?
Thats all for now guys. Help me please.
Cheers,
WD.
DutchBird
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
AeroScale: 123 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:28 AM UTC
Wilddog,

I doubt the belly is white... most likely it is off-white, with a blue touch.... or some kind of very light grey.

Personally, I have not seen fighter-aircraft with pure white on the underside of the fuselage... but then again, I am in no resoect a plne-expert...

Good luck with the project,
and I look forward to the results...

Cheers,

Harm
WildDog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 09:43 AM UTC
So then what do you suggest that I do with the colours that I have?
What should I mix & match?
OK I am going to be a bit more specific about the blues that I have. Light blue (from academy), (the rest are all acrylic colors that I picked up from the store), Cerulean Blue, Prussian Blue, Pearl Blue, Ultramarine blue. Thats it. Please tell me what to do about the belly.
Also the engine exhaust. Is it black?

One more thing. What colour should I paint the missile hardpoints/pylons? Does the neutral gray look good?
AndersHeintz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hey Wilddog!

Nice to see you here

Keep up the good work!
WildDog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 09:21 PM UTC
Thanks Anders.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what colour to paint the belly & the exhaust nozzles.
I swear thats my last question for the next few days. OK, not days, hours. :-) :-)
Guys please tell me which colours to use.
Thanks in advance & Cheers,
WD.
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:00 PM UTC
Wilddog I'd suggest getting ahold of someone in the states to get you some nice Testor's Model Master II Paints. They are easy to work with and they offer every one of the colours you need for that Flanker. It aslo has the interior colour that Academy has mislabled for the cockpit. Just a suggestion. STUG
WildDog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 05:04 AM UTC
Guys please tell me what colour this is?
Last time. I will handle the belly. Just tell me what colour is the nozzle please. PLEASE. Take into account the colors that I have to offer. I CANT get any other colours from anywhere. Here are some closeups.

_GOTOTOP