_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Window masks
drewgimpy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 06:55 AM UTC
I just ordered my first pre cut window mask to go with my TBF for the group build. My question is are these things any good. I figured I would try one myself and see how it works, but would like to get everyone elses thoughts on them and how they have worked for you.
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 08:43 AM UTC
Hey Drew,
I have used True Details' Fast Frames on my F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair. They were simple and turned out really great. These are not masks though. They are frames that you put one like decals, but aren't decals...HTH

drewgimpy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:30 AM UTC
I am almost positive what I ordered is different than what you used. The only thing that makes me doubt this is your expertise with aircraft. The item I ordedered from squadron showed a buch of little stickers the shape of the windows of the avenger windows. If they are what you say thats fine also. I looked the size of the main canopy and the extra windows in the plane and thought it would be a good one to try it on , either that or spend one of the three months masking by hand

If you go to squadron and type in "Mask" in the search field, choose 1/48scale, and aircraft acc. you will see what I ordered. I must have got the last one because when I type in the stock # off my invoice it doesn't come up, but there are lots of others to look at to see what I got.
modelcitizen62
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 326 posts
AeroScale: 273 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:45 PM UTC
Aw, c'mon! Is everyone afraid of Parafilm M, a No. 11 blade and masking fluid?

Just kidding. Besides, you think I'm masking that ProModeler Ju 88 canopy with Parafilm?

ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 01:02 AM UTC
Hey Drew,
I am going to order those masks for the Avenger from Eduard. These are the easiest way to go with all those windows.... I'm not willing to spend 4 or 5 months just masking the canopy after I polish it, nor am I going to sit there (with a shaky hand) and paint all the frames either. As for my expertise.... I never said I was a master or a professor in aircraft. #:-) #:-)
Folgore
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 02:14 AM UTC
I might order those too, if it's convenient. How does Eduard accept payment? Do they accept credit cards? I found how much shipping was on their site, but couldn't find anything on actual payment. If I can't get them, I think I'll try Micro Mask.

Nic
m1garand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 02:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I might order those too, if it's convenient. How does Eduard accept payment? Do they accept credit cards? I found how much shipping was on their site, but couldn't find anything on actual payment. If I can't get them, I think I'll try Micro Mask.

Nic

You can order Eduard products from Squadron.com or many other online stores.
Folgore
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 02:29 AM UTC
I've checked Squadron.com and their shipping charges to Canada (if it's in US dollars anyway) are much higher than ordering directly from Eduard. I was asking more specifically about ordering from the Eduard website. Thanks anyway, though.

Nic
mihaip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
KitMaker: 45 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 01:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How does Eduard accept payment? Do they accept credit cards? I found how much shipping was on their site, but couldn't find anything on actual payment.

eduard.cz acceots VISA and MC/EC. You will need to have the CVC (card verification number or smth. like this) handy. Shipping rates are good, especially for Europe.
 _GOTOTOP