_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Me-262 what if??
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:29 PM UTC
Hi all,
I just picked up the Tamiya 1/48th Me-262.
I am thinking of going out on a 'what - if ' tangent in doing my Me-262. If I remember correctly, forgive me for being a little uncertain of my aircraft history but the Me-262 was operational too late to have flown in Africa. I was thinking that the Me-262 would sure look excellent in a desert scheme
Have any of you thought about this or done it with the 262, or seen one online where someone has done it all ready?
It is straying from the historically accurate area but ....... the idea just keeps on taunting me and won't let me go
I havn't really made up my mind yet and thought I'd see what this idea strikes up in the rest of you.

Good modeling,
Wayne

OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:36 PM UTC
That's a pretty neat idea. Sand with white theater bands, it would look really sweet.

Have you considered checking out What If Modelers ?

We have a many Luft '46 Experten in there!

Can't wait to see the 262!!
DRAGONSLAIN
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 02:08 PM UTC
I think you should do it if you feel like it. don't let the inaccuracy stop you. in fact I have been thinking that it would be great if there was an campaing in unaccuracies, just crazy stuff that didn't happen but you would have liked to, like a German operation to invade United States, that would be interesting, what vehicles would they use?

so go ahead and do it
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 04:33 PM UTC
That's what's nice about "What if", if it feels good do it. I am just imagining the camo scheme, can't wait to see it here.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:30 PM UTC
Hi Wayne

It should look great.

Check out Flitzer's Luft '46 Fighters article for some camouflage ideas. He's also got some new stuff in the pipeline, which looks really superb - I've had a sneak preview!

All the best

Rowan
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 02:58 AM UTC
Merlin The Magnificent!-
I just received my 'sneak peek' in the mail(post) last night, and I have to say that "superb" does not quite do this little Item justice! I was considering doing a review for this site, but due to the slightly circumspect nature of your post, I'm wondering If Peter is holding up the release of this one for some reason? Champing at the bit to let everyone know about Flitzer's latest Gem...
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:45 AM UTC
Great idea, Wayne, I think a desert scheme of RLM 79 (lightend with about 5% RLM 22) with a "crazy paved" pattern of RLM 80 (lightend with about 10% RLM 22), would look great. A bit like a picture of a Junkers Ju "Warthog", I've seen somewhere (thanks Peter )
Mal
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:53 AM UTC
So Mal- you got a copy too?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:18 AM UTC
Hi all

Having managed to totally give the game away (sorry ) I should say that Peter (Flitzer) has submitted new installments of his Luft '46 features, but they are caught in "submission limbo"... I'm trying to retieve them in Bryan's absence so, for all you guys and gals who haven't seen them yet... you've got a real treat in store!

All the best

Rowan
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:24 AM UTC
Since you already prefaced your comments with What If there is no reason you can't do a desert 262. Just for your info the 262 was never in Africa and barely around for the defense of Germany!!!
 _GOTOTOP