_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
My first aircraft kit F-4J
bracomadar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:15 PM UTC
I was at the hobby shop the other day and was getting stuff to make figures with when I happened upon a 1/48 Revell F-4J Phantom II. It was priced for $13 and I just couldn't pass it up. I'm a huge Nam fan and I always loved the look of this thing. This is my first "real" model aircraft. I have done some snap together stuff and pre-painted things when I was younger, but not something like this. I'm use to doing armor, figures, and dioramas, but not aircraft. I want to just build this kit right out of the box and just have fun with it, but I wanted to know if there is anything I should know about this kit before I start building it? I know enough about models to know that instructions can be misleading. Also, it comes with two figures (1 standing and 1 sitting) and I want them both sitting. Do you guys have any suggestions on a good sitting figure I could buy for this? Also, any tips on applying decals would be of help (I never was too good at that).
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:39 PM UTC
That kit is great just OOB. Really and truly you dont want to mess with it unless your really into re-scribing or AM parts for aircraft.

For decals I just apply a little Future where the decal is going to be placed and then apply it over the decal when it is on the a/c. This is to make sure there is no "silvering" or the decal comes off over the years.
 _GOTOTOP