_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Cursed MiG 15
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 05:31 PM UTC
I have a cursed kit. Been trying to put together a 48th scale Tamiya MiG 15 since last November. Started it and found the clear parts tree missing. Finally got a new set of those...finished up the projects I as involved in decided on paint scheme and found a color I had counted on dried up. Finally went to store to buy it and found one store was eliminating paints from the invemtory..OK went to the other store to find it out of business. So mail ordered that. OK now it's all painted , built, ready for decals and .....you guessed it....they turned to powder. So if anyone has some decals I can use...prefer the Korean from KOrean war as that is the scheme it's painted in. If anyone has some spares how about dropping them in envelope and mailing to

Steve Joyce
802 LaCresta Crt
Grand Prairie, TX 75052

I'm getting a wee bit tired of this kit.
ave
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Klang, Malaysia
KitMaker: 417 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 08:29 PM UTC
yeah, i know what you mean, i have kits that are like that, either the parts dont fit, break, or i botch up the paint job.
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 08:12 AM UTC
My paint job came out like a dream. One of the few hings to go right. Camo'd it using a sky blue/dark green and it came out exacly like I had envisioned. The decals just powdered on me. Just looking for some national sybols in 48th scale. North Korean prefered, but Korean war era Red Chinese would also look good and go with camo pattern. Looked in Squadron magazine and didn't see any decals for sale to help. Closest was a sheet of Red Stars.
fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 04:45 AM UTC
Hi Steve,
I have a decal set of Tamiya 1/48 Mig-15 Bis #61080 that I don't need (I build it in NVA air force), if this set is that you are looking for, please confirm. I will send it to you.
If it is not what you need, there are 2 decal sets for Korean Mig manufactured by Cutting Edge and sold by Meteor Productions:
http://www.meteorprod.com/
Just clicking on "Featured Product Lines" button then go to Cutting Edge Decal.
The last solution as T_Terrific's opinion is "do-it-yourself" decal, this inkjet decalsheet needs the artwork that you must draw the Korean Markings with a drawing software then print them with a inkjet printer. Decal Bonder must be spray on the decalsheet (waterproof) before using.

_GOTOTOP