_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Mk-82 bomb with fuse extenders
bracomadar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 11:57 PM UTC
Can anyone give me a color photo of a fuse extender on an Mk-82 bomb, or give a description of what color they should be? I need it for my 1/48th Monogram F-4J.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:24 AM UTC
Hi Brad

As anyone who knows me will say, I'm not the one to ask about modern stuff! ... I just don't have many refs for post-WW2 aircraft.

I found this pic of a Vietnam era Invader in an old magazine - I don't know if it's any use - apologies if it isn't, but as no-one else had answered...

Hope this helps, or at least stirs up some more pics!

Rowan
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:53 AM UTC
Brad:

Sorry I didn't see this on sooner. I haven't been able to find a pic for ya yet( but i am still hunting).

If memory serves me right, ( yeah I know I need the pic) the extenders could either be the same color as the bomb itself or they were also a regular brass color.

Like I said I am stil hunting for a pic for ya.

Paul
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 08:03 AM UTC

Does that help you any, Brad?
bracomadar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 08:45 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guys. Those are the best photos I’ve seen of them yet. Any other photos are still welcomed though. These things have been the hardest thing I think I've ever tried to search for on the net, besides some Stoner MG pics.
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 12:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the help guys. Those are the best photos I’ve seen of them yet. Any other photos are still welcomed though. These things have been the hardest thing I think I've ever tried to search for on the net, besides some Stoner MG pics.

Hi Brad,

If you search the rivet review a while back, I had done a Phantom J with the MK82 bombs with the extension. I did the extenson in metalic black and the rings in red as the pic shown.

As for the stoner MG, I think the best way to search is search Navy Seals in Vietnam, they used tons of them back then.

Cheers.
 _GOTOTOP