_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Update + 1 Question
WildDog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maharashtra, India / भारत
KitMaker: 86 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 12:56 AM UTC
Hey Guys,
I have become an obsessive freak. This model is eating up all my time. Well atleast I am enjoying it.
I finished the cockpit & it look really good. I joined the upper & lower body & inserted the cockpit in place. I also finished doing the entire engine (intakes + exhausts). I put the rear wheels in & assembled the front landing gear (the toughest thing so far) & attached it to the main body today.
As far as the painting goes, my cockit came out really well. I did some drybrushing & dipped a pin in some red & white paint to make a few buttons. The wheels/landing gear has also come out really well. Everything is going well besides just one thing.
I got the perfect color for the belly (using white & grey acrylic paints, I dont have an airbrush) but when I got down to applying it, it gets all rough & uneven. The belly does not look too nice. Its not smooth. In some places it is really concentrated. Its very rough all around. How do I solve this. Since its the belly I am not too bothered much but it cant be this way on the back of the a/c. Someone had earlier suggested the use of primer spray. Does this help or are there any other tips/solutions that you can give me about this problem please?
Cheers & thanks in advance,
WD.
 _GOTOTOP