_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Aircraft Pics
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 02:56 AM UTC
Hi Everyone,
I am still smiling from ear to ear from this last weekend
I went to an air show in my area which is usually always a great show. But this year was extra special for me.
I have some pics that for this thread I'll call my 'Reference for anyone looking for paint schemes for Japanese WWII aircraft'. I am about to burst from the excitement and just had to share with everyone.

At the air show this year was a group called 'Tora, Tora, Tora'. It was eight Japanese planes ((4 zeros, 1 Val Dive Bomber, 3 Torpedo Planes (Oscars?)) who, through the magic of one's imagination, reenact the attack on Pearl Harbor with pyro technics and lots of explosions and smoke. VERY COOL They broke a little from some of the authenticity of it having 2 P-51's and a F4U Corsair chasing the IJN planes around but who cares It was SOOOOO cool to see all these WWII planes flying around at the same time

If you go to my link below I have some pics of the Japanese planes along with a few other of the better pics I took there too. Go to my 'Digital Photogrophy' Link. There is a good shot of a P-51 called 'Cripes a' Mighty' which is authentic 100% original WWII with the gunbelts still in the wings. All the pics from 'Cripes a' Mighty ' to the end of that section are new pics from this years air show.
Anyone trying to decide on a paint scheme for either a Zero, Val, or Oscar might take a look. One of the Oscars has a really neat paint scheme. The 'Cripes a' Mighty' would make an awfully good paint scheme for someone doing a P-51 also. It was a beautiful, mirror-shiny, plane.

Oh.....and by the way, make sure to look at the picture of the guy sitting in the cockpit of the P-51 called 'Gunfighter" (which is also WWII vintage, but not totally authentic) I got a picture of the worlds most famous WWII P-51 fighter pilot with a total of 4,555,264 kills by the name of.....
OK OK :-) :-) :-) a guy can dream can't he
At the show, for 5 bucks, you could get your picture taken sitting in the cockpit of the P-51 Gunfighter. There was NO WAY I was going to pass that up That is the closest I'll ever come to becoming a famous WWII pilot

Well It's time for me to go warm up the P-51 and head out on another strafing run. The neighborhood squirrells are trying to invade Iwo Bird Bath Jima. It's time to put a stop to that threat :-) :-) :-) :-)

Hope you enjoy the pics and good modeling to all,
Wayne
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 04:58 AM UTC
Wayne,
You've got me really excited to check it out, but the link isn't working. Anyone else having this problem??
Leon
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 06:13 AM UTC
Sorry Leon,
For some reason my link isn't working right for me either. I went in to check it out and tried to fix it but still can't get it right.
hhhhhhmmmmmm.... looks like a job for the helpful wonderful staff here at armorama
The 'url' tags were missing from my link and I put them back and it still didn't work.
Here is the link to my site if anyone wants to check out the pics.

http://www.abingdon.net/~dowell

For some reason I type the link here exactly like I type in my acoount page. The link works here but it won't with 'My Selected Link' below. hhhhhmmmmmmm

Sorry for any inconvenience,
Wayne
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 06:47 AM UTC
Wayne - your "selected link" reads

"http://armorama.com/urlwww.abingdon.net/~dowell/url"
should be just
www.abingdon.net/~dowell
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 09:28 AM UTC
Thanks CRS,
I'll go back and see if I can get it changed correctly.
For some reason that particular item is really working kind of strange for me. I swear I type it in correctly just like my url in my second reply...but for some reason I get this weird stuff in my link like you have show me here.......

Wayne
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 12:26 PM UTC
Hey everyone,
Staff_Jim helped me get my 'selected link' straightened out and working properly. So now it will be easy for any one of you to check out my pics mentioned above

Enjoy and good modeling
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 04:32 AM UTC
Hi all,
Just thought I'd fix my error above for the history buffs
I called the IJN torpedo planes 'Oscars' above and should be 'Kates'
still learning all this kind of stuff and loving it all.
Good modeling,
Wayne
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:06 AM UTC
Wayne,
Finally got back around to looking. Thanks. Some nice photos. It sounds like a very fun day for you.

Leon
 _GOTOTOP