_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Huey
Morsecode1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 07:18 AM UTC
What is the best make of a 1:35 (or bigger) huey? I mean the transport one like in Apocolypse Now etc. The really famous one. There are SOOO many!
Thanks
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 07:44 AM UTC
If you want the 'slick' D model, with the lenghtened fuselage in 1/35th Panda makes one. Search here and you'll find info about it's flaws. Short version is that it is an upscaled 1/48th kit and many details are overdone, rivets and panel lines.

Revell makes one in 1/32

MRC makes several varieties of C model, shorter fuselage, but as presented in the kit they are gunships not troop carrying slicks.

Mike
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
AeroScale: 224 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 02:54 PM UTC
G'day mate
there was a post about this just recently
I'd go with Panda for what your looking for, pretty good quality, but you could always just buy one from academy, they are excellent quality, and you could just not put on the parts for the gunship version.
cheers, good luck
Morsecode1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 19 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 08:59 AM UTC
Thanks, sorry I havent replied for ageeeeesssss. Ive been away, ill probally get the Academy one, thanks again.
mikeli125
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 07:39 PM UTC
not forgetting the Revell monogram kit in 1/24 I got mines from transport models in Preston the other week
Rattler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 10:01 PM UTC
now if you went with the old Revell/Germany 1/32nd scale Huey.. and got the Cobra Company detail sets.( pilot seats,and Door Gunner set ups) and alil elbow grease it turns out to be a right nice kit.. though the M-60's with the CC kit are alil bit ruff but with careful cleaning they turn out nice. I'm fixing to start building number 23 of the old 32nd scale huey from R/G and over the years I've adavced its look rather nicely.. the Panda kit I have I think its the Wasp version.. can't say I'm overly thrilled with it but to each thier own right ?

anyways good luck with the Huey an be sure to keep us posted on its stages.

Chris
 _GOTOTOP