Modern aircraft of the United States.
Kosovo/Aviano F-15E loadouts?
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 01:37 AM UTC
I'm mostly an armor guy, but I've inhereted a partly built Hasegawa F-15E and a set of Eagle Strike Kosovo Eagles F-15E markings.

Notably absent is any information about weapons loadouts.
I have access to a decent store of Hasegawa aftermarket weapons, but have no idea what combat loads these Strike Eagles carried.

Any web references or can anyone shine a little light on this? I'd prefer not to buy a lot of refrence books, but if there is one resource that will detail weapons loads I might spring for that.

I've tried StrikeEgale.com, but they do not have loadouts posted for Kosovo.

Thanks,
Mike
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:33 AM UTC
http://www.scaleplastic.com/loadouts/loadoutindex.htm
EMM-ELL-DEE- have you tried here yet?
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 09:38 AM UTC
By far, the three things that F-15Es loaded out on during Kosovo was GBU-12s with AN/AAQ-13/-14 (LANTIRN) pods though GBU-15s were very common on Es. In close second was a cluster bomb configuration, usually with CBU-89 Gator Anti-Material/Anti-Personnel or Mk-20 Rockeye Anti-Tank. They also just carried regular Mk-80 series bombs. They would have AIM-9L/Ms on the outer pylons and depending on their mission AIM-7 Sparrow or AIM-120 AMRAAMs on fuselage pylons. Usually the Es were flying bombing runs with F-16s or F-15Cs providing high cover, so long-range AAMs weren't carried as often as the AIMs. Given IFF requirements due to the high number of Allied aircraft in the AO, long range AAMs took up relatively valuable hardpoints that were needed for bombs and missiles.

For you, unless you are a doing a CAP assigned E with a secondary bombing mission, a combo of GBUs, CBUs, AIM-9, Fuel tank, LANTIRN wouldn't be too bad.
 _GOTOTOP