Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Kommodore Under Cover
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hi guys, Wingman here. Just posted some pics of a FW-190 dio I did awhile back in my gallery. Being that I'm still computer stupid I don't know how to include them in the forum. Take a look and and give me some feedback and ideas, THANKS Wingman out.
woltersk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 1,026 posts
AeroScale: 215 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 12:10 PM UTC
Wingman,
Looks good. I especially like the dust and mud on the landing gear door bottoms.

Your camo and paint look great. Is there anyway to get a better look at the fuselage, empennage, and cockpit?

The set up is nice. Do you have any plans to add tools, oil and fuel drums, and other maintenance stuff?

The only things I see that may be problems lead to two questions:

Would the aircraft be towed out from under the camo netting before being started? If not the net seems to be hanging kinda low and could get caught in the prop.

The landing gear struts look a little long with the oleos stretched out. Are the wheels fully extended, as in take off when gravity stretches the struts out before retraction? (I could not imagine a kit manufacturer molding them in that position)

All this could be due to my poor eyesight and/or the angle of the photos.

Again, it looks great.
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 05:21 PM UTC
I love the netting, whats your secret?
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 08:22 PM UTC
Excellent dio Wingman. Those figures do add to the scene nicely.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 04:12 AM UTC
Thanks Keith. That's about it for adding anything else to the dio. As for your question about engine startup, they would of towed or pushed it out and away from the netting for obvious reasons. Your right about the oleos on the gear legs, they are extended. They should have been cut down to represent weight, Thanks for the advice and THANKS for looking, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 04:20 AM UTC
Thanks Chip. The netting was made using some leftover medical gauze that was painted dark green. I was burned at work awhile ago and had to use the gauze to help in the healing. It's funny, I got back into model building via my injury at work. I was bored during my time off and found a F-14 in the basement and I've been hooked ever since. It's fuuny how things work out like that. THANKS for looking, Wingman Out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 04:22 AM UTC
Thanks Martin. It's supposed to be a relaxing, downtime, between the missions kind of scene. I need more practice with painting figures. THANKS for looking, Wingman Out.
 _GOTOTOP