_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Question about the Avro Arrow CF-105 Cockpit
Augie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 711 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 06:41 PM UTC
I just bought the Hobby Craft 1/48 Avro Arrow today and was surfing around the net for any photos of the cockpit, intrumention panels and details of the undercarriage and wheel wells and, lo and behold, I haven't been able to find any photos, not even line drawings!!!

By any chance does anyone know of any links or have any photos that you could send me with the details that I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.!!!!!!!!!!
This is the start of a project to, hopefully, build most, if not all, aircraft that have served in the RCAF to one extent or another or that have participated in Canadian aviation history.
druid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Finland
KitMaker: 211 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 09:50 PM UTC
I poked Google a bit and found you

1 color photo from what looks like a replica project at the Toronto Aerospace Museum

2 black and white photos (steering column and a somewhat stripped cockpit) on Arrow Alliance.

One digital 3D model (in color) which seems to be somewhat consistent with the photos.

Hope that helps.
Augie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 04:01 PM UTC
Thanks druid!!!!! Really appreciate it. I had found the CG pics but those were the only ones of any sort of interior that was shown and I didn't know if they were accurate or not, so I didn't want to go by them. Just overly cautious, I guess.
Once again, I really appreciate your help!
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 12:04 PM UTC
Hey Augie,

Which kit did you get??? The new molding that just came out last year?? Or the older one that has been out for awhile.

I would love to have a couple of the new ones....but at almost $60 a pop....very much pricey, considering they didn't really update it very much.

I did manage to pick up a couple of the older 1/72 versions from Hobbycraft.....love that AC....as you can tell by my banner....lol

If you need some pics....I think I have a bunch on CD somewhere....would probably take me awhile to find them....but I know they are here somewhere.
Augie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 02:37 AM UTC
It's one of the new moldings, but I'm still not too impressed with the fit of it. (I guess I'm a little spoiled with doing Tamiya for so long!)
I got it at a local hobby shop here in Vancouver.
I have been wanting to build a model of the Arrow since I lived in Malton, Ontario where it was built when I was a kid many years ago and heard about the history of the plane then from my father. Now I'm a bigger kid and can buy one!!!!
One of the sites that druid showed on his list has some great line drawings of the mechanicals in the wheel wells with the hydraulic lines and pumps shown, so I'm going to try to scratch build them in.
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 07:23 AM UTC
Yeah I have a disk full of pics and darwings and artist interpretations of the Arrow that I have saved over the years....one of my prized possessions is an old CAD file of the side, top, front and back views of the Arrow.

Then I was in Electronics Engineering, we used a CAD program to design circuits on....and although it was a very much updated version of Autocad, it still opened the file no problem....5 mins later on a 3ft plotter and I had a very large poster size version of the Arrow!! Looks pretty cool....not much good for detail...but has all of the dimensions of the aircraft.

I have the old 1/48 kit, and 2 of the 1/72 ones.....even in 1/72 she was a big plane!!!
 _GOTOTOP