_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
I took a step to..
PvtParts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 06:45 AM UTC
the wing side. Thanks to the bad influence of one Grumpyoldman (Dave) I decided to try something with not 1 but 2 wings. I picked up the Academy Nieuport 17 and decided to build it while waiting for all my parts to do an M31. My question for all you experts is this...1st part of the directions show running all the rigging through the fuselage before joining both halfs..How then do you spray it without making a mess of the rigging? Do you wait till its all finished to do the rigging and if so how do you then attach it? What is the easiest or best method to tackle this? Thanks for putting up with a true newbie to the genre...Me asks myself.."Will I get hooked on these two wheeled wonders "
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 07:26 AM UTC
LOL.... ROFLMAO......
All I did was tell you that your weren't a real modeller until you built a bi-plane....... LOL
As for instructions..... when did you start reading them..... LOL
Forget the instructions.... just make sure you drill the holes with a #80 or 79 drill, then close up the fuselage.
You'll get to rig it later. A Nieuport 17 doesn't have a lot of rigging, nor is it complicated, and you can do all the rigging after it's together.
Thought I had one in the stash, but don't.
Here's a few links to expand your knowledge:
http://www.theaerodrome.com/
http://www.wwi-models.org/
PvtParts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 12:00 PM UTC
Ok Dave..you convince me to go "Bi' and then tell me Rambo flew off in your kit....So does this mean direction means nothing???? Thanks for the info! :-)
 _GOTOTOP