_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
JAS-39B Gripen Cockpit Pics
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2004 - 12:14 AM UTC
I tried searching for a week but still not found any pics of the cockpit for the 2 seater version. Does anyone got any good pics?
Bishop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2004 - 11:55 PM UTC
Ok, after a little research the best I can tell you is that the JAS-39b shares the same avionics suite as the one seater JAS-39a, with identical cockpits. However there is no HUD display in the rear of the b-model. The HUD display can be projected on to a screen located on the back of the front seat though. I have some pics of a one seater on powerpoint, let me know if they will help as the two seater shares the same colors within the cockpit.
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 12:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, after a little research the best I can tell you is that the JAS-39b shares the same avionics suite as the one seater JAS-39a, with identical cockpits. However there is no HUD display in the rear of the b-model. The HUD display can be projected on to a screen located on the back of the front seat though. I have some pics of a one seater on powerpoint, let me know if they will help as the two seater shares the same colors within the cockpit.

Thanks! You can mail me at [email protected]

But how about the side controls? Do they also share the same configuration?
Bishop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 01:39 AM UTC
Ok, it seems i am having some computer issues with my other pc that has the pics on it. But everything I am reading claims the B model is identical in the rear to include the side panels since its "primary" role is as a trainer, though combat capable. You can do an image search on www.janes.com for the gripen and it has quite a few pics. You will have to register first i think, but its a great site for research on all the worlds aircraft, armor, ships, etc....
HunterCottage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 04:37 AM UTC
Shonen,

I hate to have to say this but I just got back from a museum that had a JAS 39 (second production test plane) that I could walk on!!! I ran out of batteries unfortunately so I couldn't take anymore pics!!! I have a connection in the museum so I possibly could have popped the hood...

I just returned from vacation and won't be able to get back to Linköping until sometime in September...

Sorry!!! I thought about you when I ran out of batteries...

Edit: I'm going to the library and I know that there is a book about the Gripen, I'll look at it and see if there is anything there about the two seater...
 _GOTOTOP