Sceme color question
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hi all
I have a question that for some reason I just have not been able to find the answer to...at least not yet.

I am doing an ASW (Anti Submarine Warfare) scheme on my Dauntless and the base coat on the upper surface is non-specular white. In Model Master speak..is that just flat white? Or would that be a mixture of mainly flat white with a slight touch of gray?
The other top color is Dark Gull Gray which I all ready have but I am getting frustrated/stumped on the non-specular white color.

Also, just to be sure...would the under surface of the plane be the non-specular white too or would that be the standard light - bluish - gray color.

Thanks all for any help on my question and good modeling,
Wayne
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 12:31 AM UTC
Wayne, I just looked in my Avenger in action and there is a photo of an aircraft with that scheme in B&W. The caption reads that the scheme is Dark Gull Grey and Insignia White. I think the uppers of the wings were Dark Dull Grey too. The bottom of the wings look like they might be Insignia White along with the rest of the bottom of the plane. It looks like it's just a two color scheme, Hope this helps, Wingman out.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 01:33 AM UTC
Thanks Wingman,
That helps me out a LOT and I appreciate your help.

Wayne
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 05:58 AM UTC
Great Wayne. I really like that color scheme on the Avenger. I have an Accurate Miniatures kit on the shelf. Whenever I get to it I'll probably do that scheme. If you can you should post some pics when you're done, would love to see it. Glad I was able to help, Wingman out.
tek2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 09:54 AM UTC
Wayne
I'm pretty sure that non-specular white is available as a Model Master Marine series of paints. I remember seeing it there or in the enamel section.
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 08:07 PM UTC
"Non-specular" was WWII-speak for "flat". Model Master used the same terminology so someone reading an original color scheme description would not be confused.
 _GOTOTOP