B-25 Cut Away View?????
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 08:59 AM UTC
Hi All
I have a question for everyone about an idea I came up with for my AM Dolittle B-25. This is just in the idea stages and might be a ways down the line for I am still working on my dauntless and may work on my ME-262 before the B-25.
The Accurate Miniatures B-25 has some great interior detail that mostly gets covered up once you assemble the kit and I think that is a shame
I am thinking about cutting away parts of one side of the fuselage to make the interior parts viewable but I don't know how easy or feasable this idea is.
If I do it I wonder what would be the best way to go...to cut large holes/windows in different parts or to cut the fuselage in up and down slices and leave some of the slices out I still want to leave the wing on but it has to be stable and solid.
Any ideas or advice on this? I am sure someone out there has done this one a model of some kind somewhere... can anyone give me a link to any modelers who have all ready done this that I can look at and learn from I do think I remember there used to be a submarine model that was cut away kind of like what I am thinking about doing but not sure of any aircraft.

I will be looking forward to your input on this. It sounds a little intriguing and something different from the norm. This could almost be an idea for a campaign if someone was inclined.. have all the models cut away to show off some really cool interior work

Good modeling all,
Wayne
Tiger101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 09:13 AM UTC
Wad_ware See this months FSM. There is a feature on a modeler who does cutaway planes. It is very impressive. You may see it at FSMs web site.
Tiger101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 09:34 AM UTC
FSM Here I made it clickible.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 08:44 AM UTC
Thanks Tiger101. I am definately going to have to pick up that issue of FSM. It looks like it may be way more advanced than what I am thinking of doing but it has to be good reading and definately something I am sure I can still learn from.
Tiger101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 08:56 AM UTC
Wad_ware I hope it gives you a few ideas of your own. Check out his Komet or his Me 262 the work is amazing.
wolfpack6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 12:47 AM UTC
Go for it! I made a cutaway of the old Monogram B-17 years ago.
Outline your cutout with red, it realy livens things up abit.
Im doing a Lee Tank right now, hopefully Ill post it here in the near futcher
 _GOTOTOP