Hosted by Rowan Baylis
chowhound. at least my version
fightnjoe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 565 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 08:29 PM UTC
not sure if i am doing this right but here goes. this is one of the current builds i am doing. revell 1/48 b-17g. the markings will be from the kit decal sheet of chowhound. i have done the building mostly oob but i have added some details. the wiring is copper wire found in telephone lines. the silver wire is 28 guage wire. most is done but i have some fine tuning to go. now please be patient with me as my camera skills are worse than my modeling skills.

sorry about the quality of the pics. most were taken with a web cam and the quality is not as crisp as with a digi cam. but the zoom is better. thanks for letting me share.

joe
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:24 AM UTC
G'day Joe,

Nice detail pix [webcam or not] good workmanship on your detailing so far, interesting concept, can't wait to see the finished bird.

Rob.
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:18 AM UTC
First of all: welcome to Armorama. Second: your pictures aren't that bad; they show the detail that needs showing and nothing more, nothing less. Third, my only hope is that all your interior detail isn't lost when you close it up. They tend to get mighty dark inside so a lot of detail may get lost.

And fourth: I have to plead ignorance (a hard thing for me to do as I know a lot about military aircraft). Chowhound rings a bell but I can't say I know what it is. I can see the model in your pictures is a B-17G (the chin turret gives it away) and the name Chowhound is obviously British, and I know the British operated B-17s, so am I striking a cord here? Or am I screwed up (don't answer that! )
fightnjoe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 565 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:21 PM UTC
thankyou so much for the kind words. the pics are of the areas most likely to be seen. chowhound is one of the options oob for the kit. i have done a little research and only find one pic of this bird, but i did find a little bit on the crew.

http://www.91stbombgroup.com/chowhound.html

again thanks for the kind words.

joe

USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:29 PM UTC
OH! Chowhound is the name of the aircraft. Ok, I thought we were talking about a variant of the B-17 :-) . I'm an idiot.
Bus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 846 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 02:34 AM UTC
Nice detail!Congrats
 _GOTOTOP