Modern aircraft of the United States.
paint color for C-130 hercules
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:58 AM UTC
im looking to paint my C-130 all one color, eg: green or grey. but what color do i use? how about some pics. and im would like to do an army C-130, any units out there i could do. any little help would do thanks guys.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:30 AM UTC
First off, all fixed wing aircraft are owned by the US Air Force. US Army doesn't have any C-130s, only helicopters and a few VIP transport aircraft for Generals. Paratroopers only take a short ride on the C-130s. Pretty much the only overall color for a C-130 is Gunship Gray, Testor's Model Master has an exact out of the bottle color, FS # is 36118. Other than that they are mostly in a three color camo of Dark Green, Medium Green, and Dark Tan with a white underside. Here are some photos.

Navy has some Gray and White ones too.

US Coast Guard has some colorful ones too.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:44 AM UTC
thanks gino, two off the pics will help. good looking out... again. i guess i was wrong, i thought the army had some C-130 in service. o'well thanks for the pics as they will help. cant wait to show them here.
Se7eNE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 12:04 AM UTC
I used to watch the 130's out of Hurlburt AFB train. Was impressive to watch them circle an area and fire all the guns on one side. The tracers were awesome.

They train with SOCOM I believe. The AF's special op's.

I lived with a family there for a few months while my dad was stationed temp in South Korea(was living on Eglin AFB at the time, about 8 miles away) and he(head of household where I was staying temporarily, not my dad) was a tire mechanic for the 130's. Hard to imagine how tall those tires are until you stand next to one.

They were all gunship gray.
Mech-Maniac
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 53 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 12:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

all fixed wing aircraft are owned by the US Air Force

are they really??

so the marines, or navy dont have ANY fixed wing aircraft?? hmmm
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

all fixed wing aircraft are owned by the US Air Force

are they really??

so the marines, or navy dont have ANY fixed wing aircraft?? hmmm

Sorry, what I meant was that the Army does not have any, since that is what Mother was talking about doing his C-130 as, an Army version.
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 02:22 AM UTC
Back in the Day, some of the ones we "took short rides in" were overall OD with Black fuselage undersides. Ofcourse this was back when the Army had fixed wing aircraft like the OV-1Mohawk, Otter, Beaver, and Birddog.
 _GOTOTOP