_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Storm Build - Macchi C.200
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 02:40 AM UTC
Hi there

Brandydog bullied me into taking a break from editing Armorama for a couple of hours and actually building something to reclaim my sanity! (Cheers Martin - but I notice you've sent me another review to deal with! )

Anyway, I've made a start on Phantom_Major's A-UK Storm build. I'm doing the Pacific Coast Models 1/48 scale Macchi C.200 Saetta (Thunderbolt or Lightning Bolt).

I've built the cockpit basically OOB, except for adding lap-belts, because I haven't any references. I'm not going nuts detailing this one, because I just want to move on to the real fun... the camouflage!

So far everything's fitted together well - I cut down the joystick because it was far too long - and the kit is going together pretty much as I predicted in the Review I posted a while back.

All the best

Rowan
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 03:54 AM UTC
Very neat work Rowan, nice to see you building and showing us your work again. I like the way you manage to give the impression of a "busy" cockpit simply by picking out details in diferent colours, and the subtle weathering on the cockpit sides.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 - 05:46 AM UTC
Cheers martin

Joking aside, I really appreciate your encouraging me to step back and get my priorities straight.

For anyone building this kit; I didn't take a picture, but I followed the instruction for fitting the instrument panel. In retrospect, I'm not convinced... it seems set too far back. I reckon it needs a spacer added to bring it level with the front of the windscreen.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 04:09 AM UTC
Very nice start, as usual Rowan, particularly like the belts. I see what you mean, about the instrument panel.
You've reminded me, I really ought to post some more pics of my, first, Stom build, the Hawker Typhoon 1B. I haven't started the second, yet, The Westland Whirlwind
Mal
 _GOTOTOP