_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
questine about a AH-1F cobra
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 09:29 AM UTC
Has anyone built or converted any Cobra kits to make a AH-1F Cobra in 1/35 scale. I have a 1/32 Revell AH-1G kit. This helicopter is the only one i need to finish off in my collection off birds in Operation Restore Hope over in mogadishu. What i have so far, MH-60L Black hawk, MH-6J Little birds. Now i need to build this last heli. If i'm missing anything, please inform me...
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 04:55 AM UTC
I did it. Took the tail and sail section from the 1/32 Revell G and mated it to the lower fuselage, cockpit and nose section from the MRC 1/35 bird. Also made the plate canopy from scratch. Here is the result:

Hope you like it.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:17 AM UTC
hey gino, you have any pics durring your build of this bird, or a feature on it's construction. it sure is nice looking and i only hope mine turns out as good as yours. thanks man....
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:42 AM UTC
Sorry, no pics or build review. I built it a while ago, way before I had a digital camera or Armorama was even thought about. Probably around 1996. I basically cut them apart along the panel lines and pieced them back together. I did have to narrow out the Revell G parts by sanding them down along the areas where they join together till they were as wide as the MRC W parts. Also had to square up the nose portion of the W model to be more like a S/F model. It wasn't really that difficult to do. Just have to plan out where you will cut and reattach before you start. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more pointers. Good luck.
 _GOTOTOP