_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Hey Merlin (& other wingy types)- AIRSHOW!
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 10:56 PM UTC
Rowan- as the topic stated we have an airshow coming up in my area. If the remnants of Frances clear out by 9/11-9/12, I'll be taking Logan to his first Airshow. While I was there I though i'd try to get some pics of the static A/C that show up. As I recall, we get at least one L-19 Birddog there every year. You can reply via PM or post to this thread- were there any particular areas of the birddog you wanted shots of? Let me know & I'll get what I can.
For all you other wingy types, Let me know if there are any birds you'd like closeups on & I'll get what's possible. I know for a fact that 'Fifi'(Wordl's only operational B-29 since Darryl Greenamayer toasted Kee-Bird ) & a B24 Liberator are scheduled to appear, along with the usual assortment of modern US military A/C.
Post here or PM me by 1700 EST, Fri. 9/10
Clear skies & Tailwinds!
RobH
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 03:06 AM UTC
Hi Rob

If there's an L-19/0-1 there, I'd love some pics!

I've had the 1/48 scale Model USA kit sat on the shelf for years, so if you can snap some close-up shots it would be great! This would be a great little kit to build if we ever get a Vietnam Campaign going...

Of course, any shots of WW2 Warbirds will also be most welcome!...

All the best and have a GREAT time at the show!

Rowan
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 03:36 AM UTC
My advise would be to take pictures first, ask questions later...er...you get the idea. Take no prisoners. Wait what are we talking about here. I'm just kidding (and a little loopy). No specific requests here. But I advise not going to the bathroom during a flyby. My mom learned the hard way when an F-14 buzzed her. Lets just say she set a speed record for doing her thing . Now if you need to go to the restroom, but don't want to miss anything, going to the bathroom during a flyby might not be such a bad idea. Its a compromise. You and Logan have fun and stay out of the jet fumes!

Jeff
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 03:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

stay out of the jet fumes!

Say What?? Why do you think I GO to airshows
Got over 500 pictures worth of memory available on my cam, so I'll get as much as possible. Rowan, I'll get what they've got, but anything you need in particular? Landing Gear? Engine? Tailskid? Instrument (what there was of it...) Panel? Wing struts? You call the shots, oh lord of Middle Wallop!
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rowan, I'll get what they've got, but anything you need in particular? Landing Gear? Engine? Tailskid? Instrument (what there was of it...) Panel? Wing struts? You call the shots, oh lord of Middle Wallop!

Hi Rob

I should just say "Yes - all of it!"

Seriously, anything you can get... just by your list, you're thinking in my terms. If you can get some pics of the interior and u/c (brake-lines?) that'd be great. If the a/c has any dummy stores fitted - even better...

I've hauled out the kit and, although it has nicely detailed interior, there's no clue as to the seat harness, plus an instrument panel pic would always be good.

The kit gives the option to expose the engine, but it's very basic.

Don't bust a gut

Rowan
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 04:22 AM UTC
Hi again Rob

Totally off topic, but it just occurred to me after my reply...

seat harness!

Did the real Rotabuggy have seat-belts? I bl**dy well hope so!...

All the best

Rowan
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 05:29 AM UTC
UPDATE- here's the link to the show's website- http://www.winstonsalemairshow.com/index.html

Quoted Text

Don't bust a gut

At the rate it's been growing lately, I'd be happy to bust my gut if it meant I could lose some of it...

Quoted Text

Did the real Rotabuggy have seat-belts?

You wouldn't get me into it at gunpoint without 'em!!
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:04 AM UTC
Cool....2 airshows on the same weekend...one up here where I am as well, Nova Scotia International Airshow in Halifax, NS......

Hmmm....you guys must be hogging all the good AC, cause we aren't getting much...LOL!!!!

We were supposed to get a B1 and a B52, but they were pulled at the last min.

All in all, it should be a pretty decent show.....we have the Blue Angels!!! LOL The P-51 Heritage Flight, F-16s, etc, etc....what I am most pumped about is a pair of F-14s...as I have never seen one in person....only in pics and on TV.

Here is a link to our show:

NSIAS 2004
 _GOTOTOP