_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
EXCELLENT resource for WWII paint schemes
lopper99
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:24 PM UTC
I've recently joined this forum and I thank you all (southern accent) for your help. Now hopefully this will help some of you.

An excellent resource of WWII aircraft paint schemes for many different models and variants can be found at this web sight. http://www.il2skins.com . It's a websight dedicated to providing a/c skins for the pc game Il-2 Forgotten battles. (By the way, is a great game.) Many of the skins have been created with painstaking attention to detail and historical accuracy with respect to colors, squadron markings, seasonal camoflage changes, weathering etc...

Please take the time to get a login and password, familiarize yourself with the filters. I have already picked wonderful paint schemes and markings for a P-38 that I've recently completed and a soon-to-build Bf-109-E. Check this out.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 02:50 AM UTC
Excellant, thanks for sharing
Mal
Tony_Frey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
AeroScale: 41 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 06:33 AM UTC
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I've been eyeing that game for a while anyway, just might have to go for it now.
Mech-Maniac
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 53 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 07:19 AM UTC
Danke Schon!
lopper99
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 08:52 AM UTC
If your gonna purchase and fly this flight sim game, yes it is the best out there. There is a learning curve, steep at first, but garanteed you will love it as I did. The historical accuracies , maps, etc.... make it all the more interesting. And by the way, you will learn a lot about flying. The flight dynamics of all the different a/c are more accurate than anywhere else. You can thank a brilliant Russian engineer and Russian software people. Also, there is another flight sim called "Pacific Fighters" by the same team due out in Nov.
 _GOTOTOP