_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
UH-1N conversion
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 04:48 AM UTC
Here is a model I did a while back, way before the Panda offering. It is a converted Revell 1/32 UH-1H. I made the nose and twin engine cover on my vac-forming machine over carved balsa masters. The Interior is fully detailed and M136 minigun on left sid eis scratchbuilt from the woefully lacking detail minigun in the Revell kit. The .50 cal on the right side is the excellent Academy MG set aircraft version with air cooled barrel jacket. Here you go.

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 01:36 PM UTC
That is one nice looking bird. I love those hueys. I'v built many of them. I'm half done on a Marine uh-1n, grey w/ low viz markings. It's a Panda kit. I was unable to read the markings on yours, who and what are they from.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 08:59 PM UTC
Joe,
The decals were some left over from other kits, no specific unit. I think the tail numbers were from the AH-1W kit, doors have a card w/ Ace of Spades on it, not sure what they were from, old 1/32 Revell Harrier I think, maybe not. I wasn't trying for a specific unit, just a generic USMC UH-1N.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 11:23 PM UTC
I thougt the card decal came from a Harrier. Never the less, looks good. The low viz decals i plan on using are a mix also. For the Marines on tail boom, i'm using two bobs whiskey in the mix decal set.
 _GOTOTOP