_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
USAF A1-H finished
FrankC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 02:26 PM UTC
Here is my finished Skyraider A1-H

It's the Tamiya 1/48 scale kit with some very minor details added. I used Aeromaster decals and pollyscale paint. It's sitting on a scratchbuilt base.

Photos taken with my Nikkon Cookpix 995

Any and all comments/critisim welcome.

Thanks for the encouragment and advice

:cheers:

Cheers

--Frank
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
AeroScale: 190 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 03:17 PM UTC
Ola Frank

I can`t add a sinle word of critics when looking to your pics. The Plane is beautifully painted and the base is very good. The "wall" behind the plane is good and I love the oilstained floor. All great touches. Only thing I would add (veeeeeeerry little Nitpick) is paintchipping the barrel in the corner. It looks a bit too clean and more then darkbrown and black paint and a little piece of Scotch `n` is not needed.
Besides that I have to say that even I`m a armor modeler I`m really impressed by this.

Great Job.

Elad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 458 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 07:20 PM UTC
Stunning work!
only thing I would change is to add a figure or two.

maybe a mechaning standing on the wing peering into the cockpit or two pilots discussing their latest sortie in fron of the plane.

btw, how did you make the walls? they're a very good scenery piece for adding that Vietnam scent to USAF and USMC aircraft dioramas.
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2004 - 12:23 AM UTC
I am gong to say that the barrel is perfect. Given the scale, not much scratching would show. The texturing on everything is awesome. I love the exhaust from the engine. Your ordnance appears accurate. You should be vey proud. I look foward to future models.

Jeff
Henk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2004 - 08:10 AM UTC
Foto no 2 had me fooled, that looks like the real thing. Really good work and also excellent photograpy.
Two things (this is after all critics corner), I think the tyres could do with a bit of sag, looking at the amount of ordnance carried. I think that the floor could do with same more, heavier oil stains, or maybe a drip pan. It follows what Elad mentions about the figures, it would add just that touch of interest. But then a model of this quality does not need anything added and if your focus is purely on the plane I think it's spot on.

Cheers
Henk

( another treadhead who is well impressed )
 _GOTOTOP