_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Resin Cockpit Problems
redman71
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:47 PM UTC
This is my first attempt at a replacment resin cockpit. I have a Legends Productions P-40B/C resin cockpit for my Academy P-40C model.

The main problem is the resin kit came with NO instructions whatsoever. I dont know If I need to glue the side walls of the cockpit to the fuselage first, then drop in the remaining cockpit, or what. I just dont want to make the mistake of gluing something down wrong, and then the whole thing not working because of it. It sucks because I have already painted and detailed the resin parts. If anyone has any expierence with this, any pointers would be most helpful...

thebear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 02:57 AM UTC
Good question ..looks like you've done a great job painting it up ..why not try using some blu tac to see how everything fits first... I think it'll give you a good idea of how things are supposed to fit . I have a funny feeling that you should glue the tub all together and then add it once the two side are glued together but I don't know this product ,maybe tape the the four sides together and see how things fit that way... Good luck with it.

Rick
 _GOTOTOP