_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Bought a really nice kit today!
Thor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 190 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 05:48 AM UTC
Today i went to my local hobby store to buy some 1/48 fighter pilots from Verlinden. While i was heading to the front of the store to pay for this nice little box, my eyes fell upon a kit of Pro-Modeler: a 1/48 Messerschmitt 410 B-1. I had never heard of this branch, so i asked the owner of the shop if i could see how the kit looked like.
Well........i can tell you that, in my opinion, the detail level is incredible! And besides that, the manual included uses photos of a real Me 410 to show you how every part, corner etc. of the aircraft looked like! Wow! I just had to buy this one; ill start with it tomorrow #:-)

Anyone else have any experiences with kits of Pro-Modeler (good or bad)?

Dolf
mihaip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
KitMaker: 45 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 06:32 AM UTC
I saw once a hurricane that looked ok, but nothing else.
That think with the photos, the manufacturers should consider including them, and a more detailed refference.
Folgore
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 07:41 AM UTC
My experiences with Promodeler kits have all been very good. I have only built their Ju-88 and Ju-52 and both were well detailed and fit together well, particularly the Ju-52. I noticed while in a model store the other day that a Promodeler Helldiver was for sale and it came with the Squadron "In Action" book as well as various aftermarket parts. I'm not sure if this was packaged like this by the distributor or by Promodeler, but I thought it was an excellent idea.

Nic
 _GOTOTOP