_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
How old is this kit
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:55 AM UTC
Hello All, i'm looking to see how old this helicopter kit is. Going through some of my box earlier today ( in the attic), i've found these two kits, Revell's OH-6A Cayuse kit no# H-146 and Revell's UH-1D huey gunship kit no# 4421. Both in 1/32 scale. The one i'm after is the Oh-6A. I've tryed e-bay, goggle and altavista and nothing comes up.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 03:50 PM UTC
Mother,
Both kits are from the early 1970s, maybe even late '60s. They are good kits. I still think the Revell UH-1D is the best large scale UH-1D kit out there, better than the overscaled and detailless interior on the Panda offering. I have built a bunch of the UH-1Ds, still have one in the box too.
The OH-6A builds up nice too, I have built a few of them too. It is not better than the Dragon offering. But, if you can't get a Dragon OH-6A, the Revell one will still come out looking nice. There was a version with the Miss Claud IV markings too (same as the Dragon, represents a pretty well known bird from Vietnam war).

Revell has reissued them both over the years as different version as well. They were both packaged together as a Hunter-Killer team at one time too. UH-1D was issued as a slick, UN bird , and German Army markings too. OH-6A has been released as a police version, TCs chopper from Magnum PI, and a couple of different US and German Army versions.

Congrats, you have a couple of good finds there.
 _GOTOTOP