_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of planes.
What if -Double Take- campaign proposed
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 05:15 PM UTC
Hi all,
I have got the campaign proposal started so all of you wanting to participate should go to the campaign page and enlist. The campaign is called "Double Take" Below is what came up after I submitted it.

"The Campaign Manager will look at your submission and review it with the rest of the Campaign staff. Please allow at least 2 weeks for this process. We will contact you as soon as a decision is made. ~ Thanks."

I am sure they will periodically look to see if there are enough enlisted in the campaign to give us a go ahead. So the sooner everyone enlists might make a difference on being able to start this up.

Thanks everyone for your interest, input and help on this. I think we can have a lot of fun with this one.
Wayne
Tony_Frey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
AeroScale: 41 posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 11:27 PM UTC
Thanks Wayne. I have signed up.

Even if this doesn't turn into an actual campaign, I think we should still proceed as a group build.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 01:28 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Tony and I agree with you.
Official or unofficial, it can be a fun group build.
Have you gave much thought yet to what your project is going to be?
Wayne

phoenix-1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 02:05 AM UTC
Wayne, I too am on the list for this one. As for my project, I am going to try and scratchbuild this:

It's called the Switchblade, a variable forward-sweep wing aircraft that was set to replace the F-111. Markings will be either raided from the spares box or represent a new fighter-bomber squadron based out of Mitchell Field in Milwaukee, WI.
Kyle
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:10 AM UTC
Welcome Kyle.
That is one cool looking jet. Once we get started on the campaign your progress on this one should be very interesting.

Wayne
Tony_Frey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 04:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome aboard Tony and I agree with you.
Official or unofficial, it can be a fun group build.
Have you gave much thought yet to what your project is going to be?
Wayne

Thanks for the welcome, Wayne. Not sure what I'm going to attempt yet, but I do have a few ideas brewing, all WWI era. Should definitely stretch my limited modeling skills though!
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 09:39 AM UTC
Glad to see OllieC-FWOL and Newtothegame are now joined up with us. Excellent. That puts us about half way there on the roster.

I thought of something that is, I am sure, totally obvious to everyone but probably should have stated it in the rules of the campaign proposal.
Photos of the project will be proof of the individuals completion of the campaign

With that aside lets hope we still get everyone else to enlist with us here shortly.
whodini
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 359 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 11:32 AM UTC
I'm in!

I just have to order in an Me 262 from my LHS. He has one in 1:72 scale, but it costs over $50, but it has the experimental flying bomb thingy that was supposed to hang off the back (Don't want that one).

Rob
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 12:09 PM UTC
Good to have you whodini. Don't forget to go to the campaign page and enlist. You can do that even if you don't have your kit yet.
Just curious what brand of model is that ME-262 for it to be 1:72nd scale and still cost you $50.
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 01:05 PM UTC
I'm doing a huuuuuuge build meself :

building a new ORBAT for the RCAF and flying arm of the RCN!

So endless subjects!

Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:58 PM UTC
That sounds rather interesting OllieC. Is that going to be a scratch built project too? Is there such a thing as an ORBAT or is this something of your own design?
I do know that that is short for ORder of BATtle but past that I have no clue
bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 12:49 AM UTC

Count me in - I have a Zero somewhere that could look good in Luftwaffe desert colours.

I cold even go the whole hog as I have somewhere a decals set for an Aussie spitfire captured int he desert.

So maybe a Zero in RAF desert scheme that has been captured and put to use by the Luftwaffe. :-)

The second possibility (depending on the vagaries of e-bay) is Galland getting his wish i.e. a Spitfire in Luftwaffe BoB markings.

Brian

Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 01:47 AM UTC
I see we are getting closer with Wehrmacht and bilko has now enlisted up with us. Glad you guys can join us too.

Brian - that sounds like a good project and could look really interesting once it is done.

Counting whodini now once he officially enlists, gives us 7. We are hopefully getting close now. Very cool Or...being group leader do I count and make us 8? I still am not quite sure how that works. I think we will probably have enough anyway so I don't think that will really matter in the end.
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 01:58 AM UTC
Wayne, go see http://rcaf2000.net to see what I mean!

Tony_Frey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 02:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Counting whodini now once he officially enlists, gives us 7. We are hopefully getting close now. Very cool Or...being group leader do I count and make us 8? I still am not quite sure how that works. I think we will probably have enough anyway so I don't think that will really matter in the end.

Yep, you sure do count, so by all means sign up also! :-)
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 04:36 AM UTC
Thanks Tony, I went and enlisted myself now

I checked out your site OllieC. Nice site and models. I understand your concept. Very interesting. I would love to see some pics the the Focke-Wulf you fly. Do you get to fly much vintage aircraft?
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 05:08 AM UTC
Thanks Wayne!!

I flew almost only vintage aircrafts, although when I fly choppers, they are younger than me!

I'll put some shots of C-FWOL soon as she's about to be retired for the winter.

Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 06:04 AM UTC
I'll be looking forward to that OllieC.

I have been working on an idea for our campaign ribbon. See what you think. I still want to see ideas from anyone interested in helping out on this too.
This is a little larger than what it needs to be in the end but it looks pretty good resampled down smaller too.

whodini
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 359 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 06:06 AM UTC
Ok, now i'm enlisted.

Wad_ware: That Me 262 is from Hasegawa, And only has a flying bomb thingy and an Me 262. If i had an extra $15, i could get a 1:48 Me 262 from Tamiya, with a kettenkrad for about $65, and last week I bought a Hasegawa 1:72 Fw 190 for about $33. My Lhs is a bit over priced, some things are way overpriced too, Like the 1:72 Me 262.

Rob
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
I will be enlisted shortly.......

Not quite sure what I am going to build as of yet, I am in the process of building a MD500 light observation and attack helo that will have Canadian markings, as well as a SH60 Seahawk, but the seahawk has such bad fit around most of it....it may get trashed. The worst is the glass.....I don't think any of it fits the way its supposed to . It was to have Canadian Markings as well and have it placed on a Canadian Frigate deck, but I am so disgusted with the fit of it, i am afraid its not going to make it.

Now, onto what I would build for this campaign....I have a Dassault Rafale M from Revell, in 1/48, it with Canadian markings, landing on a Canadian Carrier, would be quite nice, an idea I have been kicking around for awhile. I also have a couple of Hobbycraft 1/72 Avro Arrows that I can manipulate into a What if.....who knows....make do both!! LOL.
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 04:04 PM UTC
Only one more enlistee to go...
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:28 AM UTC
Scott - That sounds like a very frustrating build on the seahawk. Good luck on that one. I hope it works out in the end. That sounds like an interesting idea with the Dassault Rafale M.

I am hoping we can get at least one and hopefully more to join up with us. It looks like we are really close to getting this going. I have a start date for Nov. 8th which I can always go in and edit that later if I need to. But it sure would be nice to hopefully get started at by then. I am getting really eager to start on my ME-262. I can hear it calling me........please...come build me..please :-)
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hi Wayne...
I've read the rules and I'm in.
I've been toying with the idea of a Bv P193 Z (twin fuselage) for some time and this looks like a good opportunity. Theatre....er....either Central Africa (Giraffe or snake influenced camo) or South America (Deep tropical jungle scheme) to Luft 46 principals.
Thanks
Peter
:-)
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:24 PM UTC
Hi
Does this conform?
Its a photo montage of an earlier Bv P193 I did a few years ago.
This how the Z version would look like.

Cheers
Peter
:-)
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 10:58 AM UTC
Hi Flitzer - Glad you want to join up with us too. Your idea for your project definitely conforms and looks very cool!!
Once you officially enlist you will make our 10th in the roster which is also excellent. Maybe we will get the go ahead with our campaign before long.
 _GOTOTOP