_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/32 expertise needed
mat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 09:33 PM UTC
Hi all,

after modelling ships and armor for years I recently tried a 1/32 Warthog from Trumpeter. I liked building this kit very much. In the future I would lik to build an other 1/32 scale kit, such as an F-14. I know that Tamiya makes very good quality kits, but are there other manufacturers that make other good quality 1/32 scale kits? Please not that my level of knowledge about planes is almost zero (wasn't that a japanese plane in WWII ?)

best regards Matthijs
Cougar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 266 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 09:59 PM UTC
Hasegawa and Revell make some good 32nd stuff, and yes, the Zero was a WWII Japanese fighter

Airfix have some 24th aircraft, but they require some work apparently.

Cougar
lordQ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 530 posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 10:33 PM UTC
trumpeter hasagawa ,tamiya and revell germany have 1/32 kits .Revll germany these *32 kits are mostly helicopters

Q.
DRAGONSLAIN
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 07:24 AM UTC
Hasegawa makes some cheap (cheaper than most) but quality ones, I have seen many review on them, specially their FW-109A, which I want to build myself. How is the warthog? I imagine it is huge? how good is the cockpit detail?
mat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 06:25 AM UTC
Well,

the warthog is indeed a great kit with nice details, however, the cockpit details are really really bad. The seat is okay. But i know there is a great Verlinden kit to solve any cockpit problems. Haven 't bought it though because it was my first airplane kit.

regards Matthijs
Chief
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 07:56 AM UTC
Matt,

Try this site...http://www.largescaleplanes.com/

They have a site dedicated to 1/32 and LARGER aircraft models. Great bunch of folks on that site too! I have a 1/32 Hasegawa BF-109G-10 kit that has excellent detail. Revell also makes a pretty nice Spitfire MK I/II kit (build it either as Mk I or II) its an older re-release of the Hasegawa Mk V Spitfire. HTH.

Chief
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
Hey Mat, i also like the 1/32 scale planes. I am in the middle of the trumpeters A-10 ( 2 seater) using Verlindens aftermarket goodies. Anyways i bought myself the Tamiyas 1/32 F4-j phantom. Man what a kit, i can't wait to start it. The best thing about it is the seamless fuselage and die-cast landing gear, rubber tires. Nicely engraved panel lines as well.
 _GOTOTOP