Anyone built Revell 1:48 B-26
Bren
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cape Province, South Africa
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 06:43 PM UTC
Hey,

A saw Revell 1:48 B-26 Marauder in the shop for a good price, anyone built it? struggling to find reviews for it anywhere. What did u think of the model? or do u know were i can find a review (lost all my websites in favourites in the last format of my PC) ?

Thanks,

Erik
Cougar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 266 posts
Posted: Friday, November 05, 2004 - 08:03 PM UTC
Hey Bren,

I think the Revell and Mongram kits are one in the same, have a look here

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/allies/us/kolb26.htm

Cougar
Verboten
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 202 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 10:54 AM UTC
I have always been pleased with my Revell Monogram kits. They are not the greatest kits in the world, but they are not terrible either #:-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 09:57 PM UTC
I have this kit and I'm in the process of re-scribing the panel lines. It is a Monogram mould and, although quite old, It looks like a very nice kit. If you like the subject I'd get the kit, it's the only game in town, as far as 1/48 scale goes.
Mal
Cougar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 10:31 PM UTC
Does anyone know if the Revell-Monogram B-25 Mitchell is still available?

Cougar
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 05:10 AM UTC
Cougar, the Mono 1/48 Mitchell is still widely available, both in the solid and clear nosed version.

Guys, check http://www.swannysmodels.com/B26B.html for a detailed comparison of the ESCI and Monogram 1/48 B-26s!

Cougar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 06:50 AM UTC
Thanks, Ollie

Cougar
Bren
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cape Province, South Africa
KitMaker: 381 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 07:30 PM UTC
Hey thanks guys,

Think I must first finish my Boston IV, then I wil consider it. Would like to have a RAF B-26 in sexy desert camo.

Anyway, thanks again,

Erik
Bails
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 02:47 PM UTC
Hi Erik. I built this kit a few years ago. As you might know, the Revell/Monogram kit is the only 1/48th Marauder available. The real a/c is a beauty and the kit makes up into a nice replica. However, its not a "slammer". Some areas needing extra TLC are the cowling areas and all of the tail structure, including special care with the rear gunner position. Its a matter of lots of dry-fitting, careful use of putty here and there and your usual use of sandpaper to get the look you want. As you know, the panel lines are raised.....this has NEVER been an issue with me because when the model is in the showcase, its hard to tell the difference between raised and scribed p/l, IMHO. Also, when I must sand-out a raised line, I simply use the scriber and scribe that area....when painted, it looks just fine. Lots of modelers do it just this way, FYI. Bottom line, with a bit of patience, the kit builds-up into a great model. I highly recommend you buy and build.
Bails-In-Minnesota
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 08:43 AM UTC
Hi Bails, welcome to Armorama
Thanks for the info, I plan on starting to build this soon. Do you have any information as to the cockpit and wheel bay colours, or did you paint them as per the instructions?
I agree with you reference the panel lines, but there is something in me that makes me re-scribe aaaaaaaaah
Mal
Bails
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 12:50 PM UTC
Hi Mal. I just pulled this dusty bad-boy out of the showcase and checked the interior and wheel bay colors. I used Chromate Green or Zinc Chromate (green color) or whatever they call it at the moment. I did not save any notes on the build so I cannot tell you how I determined the color. Heck, I might have put my finger in the air and guessed, but normally I do seek out some poop on paint. I am quite pleased with how mine turned out, however I coulda/shoulda done a better job with the upper wing root attachment....suggest you shoot a bit of primer on the root when you think you have it perfect. Look carefully to see if it is. Have fun with that scriber. I admire your willingness to take on that job. Me.....I'm just too eager to get on to the next project to take time to sand and scribe.
Bails-In-Minnesota
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 08:00 AM UTC
Thanks, we had a bit of a discussion over this some time back. The instructions aren't that clear.
I've actually just about finished re-scribing it, with my "new" system it doesn't take that long perhaps I should get on and build the thing :-)
Mal
 _GOTOTOP