_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Dynavector Wyvern - Compass Rose Resin Set
mikeiw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 12:52 AM UTC
I've just bought my first Vac kit, which is supposed to be a great introduction to the black art of Vacformed aircraft, and I've been researching on the net in preparation for delivery.

While I was scouting about, I found this review of the Compass Rose Resin Detail Set. I've tried my best to find the company that makes the set, but have completely struck out.

Whether they've gone out of business since 2001, changed their names, or what, I've just failed completely to find anything on them on the web.

Actually, it's a similar state with Koster Aero - what's with these Vacform manufacturers? Are they shy?

So - does anyone know where I could get one of these Wyvern update sets? If you have one going spare, I'll pay!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 09:26 AM UTC
Hi Mike

I'm afraid I can't help with the Compass Rose set, but it's great to find another vacuform fan.

This type of kit definitely doesn't get enough coverage - it doesn't help that the whole genre has acquired the stigma of being "difficult" to build...

I added a review of Koster's Maryland a week or so back. They don't have a website, but I'm in touch with Bill now to add some more reviews of his unique kits on Armorama.

To keep you busy, check out the reviews of Sierra Scale Models' PT-19 and Consolidated P-30 . I've got their Bereznyak-Ishaev B1 ready to add when I get time.

Looking forward to seeing the finished Wyvern - do you fancy doing a Review or Feature on the build?

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 06:56 AM UTC
Hi Mike, welcome to Armorama
Can't help with the Wyvern set, but I certainly looking forward to seeing how you get on with the vacform kit. It would be great if you could do a feature on it.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP