_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Double Take - Are we taking off?
bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 - 01:05 AM UTC

Wad ware and the others who enlisted

Are we a go for take off on this campaign? I see the listed start date is 27 November and we are still in the "to be approved" section of the campaign page.

Do we press on regardless? or amend the date until approval is granted.

Personally I am all for starting now and hoping that it is approved before the finish date.

(In other words I am busting to get into the old 1/48 Zero from Revel that contains a massive 29 parts :-) )

Brian
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:45 AM UTC
I assume Wad_ware will chime in soon with his thoughts.

I would also vote for moving forward, but can absolutely understand if others are for waiting a little longer.

Hope all is well.
Leon
phoenix-1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 09:58 AM UTC
Since the campaign was approved recently ( ), I would say begin building to your heart's content!
Kyle
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 11:15 AM UTC
Hi all,
Sorry it took me a couple days to get here and I havn't had a chance to answer your PM Leon. Super busy weekend and holiday. Still trying to catch up on things and SLEEP :-) at least that's my story for now :-)

I have been keeping an eye on the campaign page and it just never ever seemed to change. Now I look today and we are finally in the active campaign column.
It is officially time to start building. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been dying to start my ME-262

I checked out campaign central in the forums to start a thread there for us but our campaign does not appear there yet. There might be some lag time for that to show up since we have just been put on the active list.
I have started a thread for us in there under the 'No Group Association' group. If we get an official thread then we will continue there.
See everyone there in the campaign threads.
Start building and have lots of fun.

Good modeling,
Wayne
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 06:31 PM UTC
Tower to Red Leader...
Permission for take-off granted...

The wild blue "wonder" awaits.

Cheers
Peter
:-)
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 02:42 AM UTC
Good to see this off the ground.

I am currently working on a M6 Linebacker, but once it is finished, I plan on starting on one of 2 kits for the campaign....just haven't decided yet.

Either:

Revell 1/48 Dassault Rafale M, in Canadian colors and markings, landing on the deck of the HMCS Ottawa, Canada's newest Carrier. Catching the 3 wire of course!!

OR

Monogram 1/48 AV-8B Harrier, in Canadian colors and markings, landed on the deck of the HMCS New Brunswick, Canada's newest LHA ship.

Second one would be easier to pull off, as having a plane landing and trying to catch the 3 wire and make it look like its in motion....would be interesting and a unique challange, especially in 1/48!!

Will have to decided!!
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
Sounds like we are going to have some really good projects in our campaign.
Don't forget everyone, plus any of the rest of the 'Double Take' enlistees that look at this thread to go to the Campaign Central Command in the forums.
That is where everything will be taking place.

Wayne
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 12:31 PM UTC
Good show!

Will have to get my CV-122B cranking then!

JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 10:59 PM UTC
Hi guys. I am willing to join too. I am building an A1 skyraider in 1/72 scale. Probably will make it with Turkish or Soviet markings but I am lack of a canopie:} If I can't find it in 2 or three days I will scratch build a windbreaker, paint it to red, place some bolders and place a goblin or a snotling in the cocpit and convert it to a what if WH40k sci fi model. Is there a problem about it? If so I will change theplan because I really wish to join. Take care.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 12:10 PM UTC
Hi JollyRoger
We would be glad to have you join up with us for the campaign. The ending date is at the end of this month but can always be extended for anyone who needs the extra time to get their project done.
There is no problem if you want to go the goblin #:-) or snotling route with your kit. This is a total what-if fantasy kind of thing.
If you havn't checked yet I sent you a PM answering some questions for you. If you have any more feel free to PM me or post them here or in the double take forum.

Good modeling
Wayne
 _GOTOTOP