_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Helicopters in Dioramas
GI_Babycakes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:10 AM UTC
this is very ambitious since im a baby to modelling, but i would like to attempt a diorama using a helicopter. anyone have any tips on how to go about suspending it mid air? Shermiesrule mentioned positioning it on a clear rod from underneath to give the illusion. i am going to try to show movement on the ground from the blades, too. anyone have luck with this before? i've got a scene in my head and its something i want to try. let me know if this will make me go crazy or if its possible to accomplish! thanks!
RIMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:34 AM UTC
my idea is it depend first of all on which scale you might be interested.
But if you use a Huey heli with a Vietnam dio idea it could help to make some Marines jumping out of the Huey if you use 4 Marines they could be the base to glue the heli on it will look like it still in the air if it work no clue :-) it only an idea
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:57 AM UTC
Hey GI, here's one from Dave Brown. It's a great article on a Helicopter diorama.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/424
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
AeroScale: 224 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:19 AM UTC
well thankyou Jo, yeah Baby Cakes, i made that dio, ohh, 3 months ago give or take, and the helo is still hanging there in the same position, doesnt bend over time or anything, so give it a shot, but i willw arn you dont take it in long trips over bumpy roads it can be too much for the wire, as i found out
but that was fixed.
Cheers
 _GOTOTOP